bob's burgers

Started by samsong, January 12, 2011, 08:49:22 AM

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

Not to turn this into the official font thread, but for April Fools, whenever someone searched "Helvetica" on Google, the results page was entirely in Comic Sans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/01/google-helvetica-comic-sans-april-fools-2011_n_843586.html

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

jerome

Ha, just saw the last episode, they heard you polka!

polkablues

My influence is mighty.

ono

Just want to give this a little bump 'cause I finally got to give this a chance on Netflix.  Surprisingly this is a very fun show.  Don't know why it took me so long to give it a chance.  You don't have to pay too much attention to it (it's easy watching/listening), but the laughs still come from unexpected places.  I love the younger daughter Louise, though all three kids have some amazing personality traits going for them.  Check that, every member of the family does.  But, I personally love Ted, Bob's most loyal customer.  There's a certain silly charm about him.

The video game episode where Aziz Ansari guest stars as a kid gamer, and the episode where Tina gets involved with a bad crowd/friend voiced by Jenny Slate are two fun standout episodes.  I'm in the middle of season 2 right now which just got released on Netflix.  Say what you will about Netflix and its dearth of good movies; it makes up for it with its TV library.

this show is amazing. i find myself feeling like i did when i first started watching simpsons.
better than family guy times a billion.

Sleepless

Just caught up on the past few episodes. The boy band one was one of the funniest in a while.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

matt35mm

Did you see the episode after that one, where they go on a field trip? Regular-Sized Rudy was brilliant.

Sleepless

Yes, that was the last one I saw.

"Why do they call you *Regular-Size* Rudy?"

"Look at me."
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ono

I'm up late, browsing random stuff.  Came across this article.  While it initially focuses on the sex-positive stuff, in the long run it reiterates why this is one of the most fun, happy, positive, all around good shows on TV.  And it returns August 25th September 29th!

Brando

Quote from: ono on August 24, 2013, 04:22:34 AM
I'm up late, browsing random stuff.  Came across this article.  While it initially focuses on the sex-positive stuff, in the long run it reiterates why this is one of the most, fun, happy, positive, all around good shows on TV.  And it returns August 25th September 29th!

That was a good article. It just reiterates how unique of a show it is compared to other content on television right now. The show probably has the kindest heart of anything on TV. The articles written on the music of the show are a great read. The music of the show is just as weird and funny as the show itself.

The greatest thing about the show is that all the humor is derived from the characters and not the situation. They have created a cast of unique, incredible and funny characters that the situation is almost irrelevant. This is also what made the simpsons so great early on. Later Simpson season and shows like Family guy get their humor from the situation rather than the characters.

I don't agree with the article about how there aren't a lot of huge laughs in the show. It made it sound like the show is only mildly funny with a few good laughs. I still laugh out loud to myself when I think about this moment from the first season: Linda: "That thing (Bob's penis) made the kids. Maybe it can find the kids. Where are they? C'mon where are they? Show me girl." Bob: "Wait, why is it a girl?" Linda: "Because it's a pretty brunette, like Catherine Zeta-Jones.

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

ono

Nice to see Rachel Dratch is still getting (voice) work.  I really enjoy seeing all these SNL alums along for the ride.  Another fun episode.  It's always a great show when Louise is the focus.

why does tina sound incredibly masculine in the last episode
is dan mintz taking supplements?