Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

matt35mm

Quote from: GamblourSPOILERS

Here's my theory: So, the film explained that it's a big experiment, somewhat. I think maybe the island crashed the plane, and that the two groups of people are the experiment. One formed a pseudo-utopia, where it's not entirely hostile. The other group, the tail end of the plane, formed a very hostile group. Maybe a Lord of the Flies thing. They're polar opposite groups. I dunno, that would be a dull way to do it. But maybe it'll be cool.
Maybe they all died on the plane crash, and this is all just a crazy dream.

Yeah, they should have kept the English-speaking thing out of the commercial.

So far this season, rather than being totally absorbed, so far I'm just skeptical of how they're going to pull all this stuff off.  But either way, the character stuff is what I watch for.  I think most of the fans of the show watch because they'll follow those characters anywhere.  And it will only get crazier as it goes on.

polkablues

Quote from: matt35mmYeah, they should have kept the English-speaking thing out of the commercial.

Totally disagree... that moment made me go (internally) "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!"  Which is what I watch this show for... even the fucking "On Next Week's Episode" has cliffhangers!
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: matt35mmYeah, they should have kept the English-speaking thing out of the commercial.

Totally disagree... that moment made me go (internally) "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!"  Which is what I watch this show for... even the fucking "On Next Week's Episode" has cliffhangers!
But if you didn't know, and you saw it on the show, it'd be tons more "what the fuck!?!?!"  Now when that moment happens on the show, it won't be surprising.

Tictacbk

Quote from: polkablues

I'm with you on this one...minus the "internally"...me and everyone in the room watching it with me literally yelled something along the lines of "what the fuck!"

As for the episode...all i have to say is "what the fuck?"  They managed to flood this episode with a shitload of information on the experiment and developed Desmonds character into something lovely, but it also created a whole knew mass of confusion.  The more i know, the more i wonder "what the hell is going on" and i love it.  

So heres another question, regarding the other side of the island...the people with the cage and the clubs and whatnot who are holding sawyer, michael and jin...do you think they're "the others" or the people from the tail of the plane? or niether?

Gamblour.

I don't think they're the others, I think they're just the tail end people. And they're really bastardly, and eventually both groups will come together. I just hope JJ Abrams is smart and cuts this off after a few seasons and resolves it well, it could be amazingly great.

I really like how Rodriguez was used in the season finale, talking to Jack at the airport bar. When she says she's in the back of the plane, it's pretty emotional because you know she's going to die. Now they've reversed that and brought her back, and she can punch the fuck out of Sawyer.
WWPTAD?

edison

Good episode, holy crap there was so much info

I think the other group was so hostile to the rafters because they probably had a run in with the others at some point and it didnt turn out so great: There is a spoiler around that the others... have killed most of the tail section

modage

yeah, the tail ender's are not 'the others'.  and i knew michelle rodriguez was a plant in the hole to get information from them from the beginning.  and i liked her better in the bar because she was being nice and charming and not her usual routine of 'tough' chick which i felt "wow, thats great.  they're using her as an actress instead of just a 'type'", but as this episode revealed, no that was just setup to show a contrast in how she used to be and how she is now.  hopefully they will bring out both when she sees jack.  my girlfriend wonders if the crazy black guy with the spear is the black woman who 'knows her husbands still alive' husband.  and the way desmond said 'see you in the next life' REALLY goes to support the theory they're all dead or in comas or something but the creators insist that isnt the case.  so maybe it just means 'another life' like they've all gotten a chance to start over on the island here.  they're also pitting jack and locke against each other pretty hardcore lately, i liked it better when they mostly got along but i guess theres no drama in that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Who do I blame? The characters for not knowing Michelle Rodriguez ( :yabbse-angry: = That's my impersonation of her) was an obvious plant, or the producers for hiring such an awful "actress" (note the quotation marks) that I was able to tell she was one of The Others (just going by what Jin called them).

God, I hope two polar bears maul her... and then Sawyer puts that gun up her ass and pulls the fuckin' trigger 'til it goes 'click'.

And I'm also in the camp that believes Jin speaking Engrish is a great reason to anticipate next week's episode.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

Rose's husband is not the black guy with the spear....and i'll leave it at that.

Gamblour.

hmm you're no wizard of menlo park, so i'd say if you actually do know more than the rest of us for some reason, cut it with the spoilers. the idea of rambling on and on about what might be true is fun to read, but you're not doing that. you act like you're somehow in the know, which I don't trust. you are the others right now.
WWPTAD?

Kal

I also was overwhelmed after so much happening in the episode. The last two were great, but it was also moving very slowly. Now it suddenly changes completely.

It was cool also to see so many people down there, fixing the computer, trying to figure out what the hell... its awsome when you can see that the characters have the same confused look that you have.

I knew also immediately that Michelle was with them and that she didnt survive alone. I still think that, even though they can be hostile and defensive of others, it should have been a much bigger shock for her (and the others) to learn that they were all part of the same flight and that other people besides them survived.

The video also makes you think of the whole experiment... including the fricking shark with the fricking tatoo on his fricking tail.

edison

Quote from: Gamblourhmm you're no wizard of menlo park, so i'd say if you actually do know more than the rest of us for some reason, cut it with the spoilers. the idea of rambling on and on about what might be true is fun to read, but you're not doing that. you act like you're somehow in the know, which I don't trust. you are the others right now.

I'm not in the know, i just dont stay from spoilers and i'm sorry for what i posted but I just find it hard to not say anything to a comment I know to be wrong

Very cute about the menlo park comment by the way

Tictacbk

spoilers...
Initial reaction: I didn't like this episode much.

I'm kinda sick of the backstory linking up perfectly with the story taking place on the island.  I liked it better when they were just there to just develop the characters and fill you in on their past.  

Jin speaking english=whatafuckincopout.  I mean if you're gonna make it a dream atleast don't have it be the first scene, let me wait a little for it.  

And in the span of this episode I developed an extreme disliking for Michelle Rodriguez.  She can't act, and when she tries she's comes off as some man-looking Angelina Jolie or something.

And what the hell happened to the supernatural side of this show?

RegularKarate

the backstory tie-in is something you'll probably have to get used to.

It makes sense to match it up... it's pretty much always matched up, but now that we've seen the characters lives we see the details.  

The supernatural side is still there...

Michelle Rodriguez always sucked, but she is ESPECIALLY annoying now... I really hate that they're going to try to do something between her and Sawyer... so annoying and predictable.  I really want Sawyer to kill her like he said.

So... the people from the tail... Canabals?

Gamblour.

Either cannibals or they all died of disease. Michelle Rodriguez is horrific (looking). Charlie SUCKED especially. My roommate, who doesn't watch often, was like why the fuck is this guy having immature arguments, "Dude you're just one of them" "I thought we were friends!" wah wah, Charlie sucks. And the bottle storyline, didn't really get why the Korean woman was the one to deal with it.

Episode decent, but uneven. Kate in a shower is always magnificent.
WWPTAD?