R.I.P.D.

Started by MacGuffin, April 17, 2013, 07:25:24 PM

MacGuffin

Release date: July 19, 2013

Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges, Mary-Louise Parker, Kevin Bacon

Directed by: Robert Schwentke (Red; Flightplan)

Premise: A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Poor RIPD post.
Wild, wild RIPD. Let me take you to the wild, wild ripd.
When I think of this movie I get Will Smith's Wild Wild West song stuck in my head, but replace 'wild' with 'ripd.'

The thing with blockbuster bombs, especially sci-fi, is that there will be a small group of defenders and fans.
So then I wonder if it would be a wise decision to go and buy all the movie merchandise, most likely in the discount bin, and save it for 10-15 years and make a killing. Unfortunately, I do not own a RaidersOTLA sized warehouse to store it.

Replace RIPD with After Earth or The Lone Ranger, rinse and repeat.

I kinda want to see all of these just to see how bad they are. Too bad the local $1 theater just closed down. I guess if I wait a year or so, they will be shown on DISH during free movie channel promotion time.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.