What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Figure 8But it's really annoying that there's all those edits and there isn't any copy of this without them.  Oh well.  I still like this.
yeah i hated it for that reason. impossible to get into. didn't watch the whole series.
under the paving stones.

JG

Reinhold

i'm watching the (cooler) region 2 cover one, though.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

penfold0101

"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Reinhold

nice. how is it?

ghost dog is in mine.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

penfold0101

i like it!
looks good, but i found the story gets a little loose as the film progresses.
The guys and gals are talking about it Here
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Rudie Obias

robert altman's THE PLAYER.  goddamn, i love robert altman!!!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

penfold0101

Find Your Magali

mr_boz

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

penfold0101

Pozer

Timecode was in my DVD player for 15 minutes once.