Stefen challenges you to an avatar bet.

Started by Stefen, May 17, 2004, 11:01:15 PM

Stefen

Seeing as how i'm a born winner, I challenge anyone to an avatar bet. Both sides have to agree on the bet and the loser has to sport an avatar of the winners choosing for 1 week. Post what you want to bet me, and I will either agree or disagree and you have to come up with something different until I agree to take the bet. it has to be something that happens soon, meaning not something like Bush will be reelected then we have to wait forever for the results. I've never lost at anything and I will win and humiliate whoever challenges me. You have been warned. COMMENCE. I will keep playing until I lose, in that time the person who beats me has to take on another challengers challenge. If you are pretty confident we can have a username and avatar bet. I don't care. I always win.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Pick my avatar cuz it's FUCKING COOL!!!  and I wanna get my movie advertised an extra bit

Uhh... Will Fahrenheit 9/11 win ANYTHING at the Cannes Film Festival??  You can say yes or no and I'll just bet the opposite of what you say.

GO BITCH!

Stefen

Quote from: matt35mmPick my avatar cuz it's FUCKING COOL!!!  and I wanna get my movie advertised an extra bit

Uhh... Will Fahrenheit 9/11 win ANYTHING at the Cannes Film Festival??  You can say yes or no and I'll just bet the opposite of what you say.

GO BITCH!

Let me quote this so there isn't any shady post editing going on.

Yes Fahrenheit 911 will win "SOMETHING"....... I'll have your avatar ready by sunday night.

So whose going to win xixaxers?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Will win something at the CANNES FILM FESTIVAL

... I guess I need to clarify that I mean an official Cannes Film Festival Award at this years Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France.

ono

You'll win, Stefen.  I'm betting it'll win the Audience Award if anything.  There is an Audience Award, right?  If not that, then the Palme D'or or Best Director.  A movie that points out Bush/the administration's foibles is going to be a great favorite over there.  Anyway, I'm no good at French, so I can't tell the meanings of the different prizes awarded.  But there you go.

Stefen

Quote from: matt35mmWill win something at the CANNES FILM FESTIVAL

... I guess I need to clarify that I mean an official Cannes Film Festival Award at this years Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France.

In that case. No, I don't take the bet. I won't know that until I can see it. You lose.

Any other challengers?

EDIT: I really don't think it will win anything. At least not enough to warrant an avatar bet. And I really think it will win something, enough so to not warrant an avatar bet. I only bet on sure things. You come at me with something I can win for sure and I'll bet you.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Quote from: peteEDIT: I bet you'll win.

I'll take it. You are going to lose pete.

pete

whoa, this is one of those win/lose win/lose, lose/win lose/win situations.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

Quote from: StefenIn that case. No, I don't take the bet.

Whew.  Good.  I dunno what I was thinking, betting my avatar.

I really like my avatar... and I suck at gambling.

Oh my precious
<----------------
how could I have almost thrown you away???

Sigur Rós

I'm a gambler!  8)  
Challenge me, anyone!

Pas

I bet this thread will last no more than 2 pages.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I bet you'll never stop posting on Xixax.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

Quote from: WI bet you'll never stop posting on Xixax.
you took the words right out of my mouth. :shock:

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: WI bet you'll never stop posting on Xixax.
you took the words right out of my mouth. :shock:

Then it's double or nothing, Stefen.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye