Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah, In Rainbows is not a perfect album by any stretch, but I think it has some of their best songs. In particular, I think Videotape, All I Need, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, & Nude are all classic.

Given that the album cover is on their official website and appears twice here beside both purchase options, I think we can safely assume the deal is sealed.

Pozer

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 17, 2011, 04:04:25 PM
Given that the album cover is on their official website and appears twice here beside both purchase options, I think we can safely assume the deal is sealed.

i king of limb it.

brockly

:shock:

highlights: Bloom, Lotus Flower, Give Up The Ghost, Seperator. amazing tunes.

i can't possibly articulate at this point, but it's fucking valiant!

modage

What he means is, it's available a day early!

http://radiohead.com/deadairspace/

SPOILERS

It's also very glitchy and dancey.  This is going to be a very divisive LP.

END SPOILERS
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

thom, not tight pants......i hate that fashion statement of the current times.
on men anyway, ladies me likey.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

RegularKarate

Okay, so I preordered.

I'm at work right now.  Does anyone know if I download it here, can I also download it when I get home?  I don't really have a way to get it from my work computer to my home computer, but I want to listen to it now.

modage

You can.  I downloaded at home and then again at work.  You could also dropbox the file to yourself.

Finishing 3rd listen now.  It's closest cousin musically seems to be the Hail to the Thief b-sides.  

Xixax will love it as usual.  My first-ish instinct is that it's probably their weakest since Pablo.  :yabbse-sad:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Thanks Mod... I DL'd in and used Dropbox just in case.

First listen I'm not allowing myself to make any opinion decisions yet.

I love how he makes it look like he's not in control of the dancing.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jeremy Blackman

Well played, Radiohead. Well played.

tpfkabi

Quote from: RegularKarate on February 18, 2011, 11:39:59 AM
I love how he makes it look like he's not in control of the dancing.

Is some of it reversed footage played forwards?

Pedro

The orchestral arrangements on Codex are beautiful.  Little by Little is terrific.  I do not care for Feral, which is a problem when there are only 8 tracks.  That said, I really like the sequencing.  I'm unsure of what I think.  Caught somewhere between disappointment and bliss.  

modage

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on February 18, 2011, 02:13:20 PM
Caught somewhere between disappointment and bliss.  

Yeah, and it's not that this isn't enjoyable.  It's just that after a 4 year wait you want a little bit more as the follow-up to In Rainbows.  If this were an EP or something it would make so much more sense than it does as an LP.  Even the 8 song disc of In Rainbows outtakes > The King Of Limbs.

tpfkabi

someone put all the tracks on ytube, so i was able to stream it on my
phone while working.
one listen through i'm pleasantly surprised. the bland cover and thom in
tight pants had me really worried, but i think i will like it. it really
barely sounds like a band though. most of the drum tracks sound like
drum machines i think. not a lot of guitar work going on where you think
"there's jonny or ed." the bass stood out more. of course, listening on
my phone cut down all kinds of frequencies, so there may be a lot more
going on that i didn't hear.

some people on twitter are saying there may be a KoL part 2 - not sure
why. According to wiki it's only 8 trks, 37 mins long, but the special edition vinyl is double? not sure how you fill up 2 vinyls with that much music unless it's super deep grooves, 2 songs per side.

RegularKarate

Quote from: bigideas on February 18, 2011, 03:05:30 PM
some people on twitter are saying there may be a KoL part 2 - not sure
why. According to wiki it's only 8 trks, 37 mins long, but the special edition vinyl is double? not sure how you fill up 2 vinyls with that much music unless it's super deep grooves, 2 songs per side.

They're 10'', so yeah, two songs per side.

Two listens in.  I like it.  It feels like a really laid back Kid A.
The only thing I don't like is Feral.

I don't feel disappointed (yet), but I hope there isn't another 4 years before we get another album.