PT on The Henry Rollins Show

Started by noyes, April 28, 2006, 10:05:31 PM

noyes

"thursday, april 27th
hello all. paul is slated to be a guest on the henry rollins ifc show on may 13th, at 7pm pst.
it will repeat on the 18th, at 8pm pst
aimee mann will be the musical guest."

http://henryrollins.ifc.com/episodes/upcoming.jsp
south america's my name.

noyes

just a reminder.
this is airing tonight.
10pm eastern, which is like 40 minutes from now.
happy watching.
south america's my name.

modage

HE LIVES!

man, that was great.  firstly, i've never seen or heard of a director giving an extensive tv interview on a film that has not started shooting yet and Rollins asked some pretty great questions.  above all, its just nice to see that PT is alive and speaks.  i'm glad he feels that NOT making films anymore is selfish because he shouldnt deny us any longer!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

noyes

haha great indeed.
fucking' penderecki.
south america's my name.

Tictacbk

Henry Rollins seemed more awkward than usual...but he asked damn good questions.  Shooting begins in 9 weeks woohoo!  Not only that, but shooting on PTs first film since his "new film school" with Altman.

Btw...if you missed it i'm pretty sure its on again tonight at 1:05am est 10:00pm pst

Pozer

Such a great little teaser interview.  "There Might Be Blood."  (for those who haven't seen it, don't take that the wrong way, there still will be - Paul jokingly said he's calling it that 'til the end of production).

Love how he still never bs's his answers:
HR: Is this maybe making a statement on oil companies dictating American policies world wide?
PT: Goodness, no.  I don't know how you drew those connections.

Wonderful stuff.  And is he strictly going by P.T. Anderson now or what? 

Nine weeks 'til blood is drawn! (sorry, I had to). 

Alethia

so who wants to type it all up for us??

modage

i started to, but realized it was a long as hell interview and would likely be on youtube in the next day or so.  if time passes and it still needs transcribing i can do it, or atleast the parts that pertain to TWBB.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Someone please make the transcript or something, I just lost my satellite privileges yesterday.  :yabbse-sad: :yabbse-angry:

©brad

sickfins

don't bother
we're posting the video on youtube soon

mogwai

Sal

Fabulous.  Mucho gracias...great interview