The 2006 Xixax DEKAPENTICON

Started by modage, January 23, 2006, 10:25:46 AM

Fernando

Haha, two more Kubrick's in the next five films.

16 Dr. Strangelove
17 Raging Bull
18 Barry Lyndon
19 Network
20 It's a wonderful life

RegularKarate

©brad

JG

i like 15-20 a lot.  so what's the story, you guys put  15 -- 30 on your avatars? 

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

Quote from: JimmyGator on February 03, 2006, 09:52:36 PM
i like 15-20 a lot.  so what's the story, you guys put  15 -- 30 on your avatars? 

JESUS CHRIST.

Sunrise

It's great to see that Modern Times at least made the second 15 (Barry Lyndon as well)!! I was beginning to think xixaxers don't go for Chaplin. I appreciate the peak at some of the other favorites.

picolas

i love chaplin except for when he speaks or moves at 24 frames.

Find Your Magali

I think it's a tremendous list. ... Can't really quibble too much.

I think it will be great if we can get an animated film on there one of these years. Maybe Spirited Away or Grave of the Fireflies...

An even greater longshot, I know, would be getting recognition for a documentary someday.

ono

So, I'd like to see everyone's votes.  Top 30.  Can we?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Man, that is awesome, this list makes me so proud. And still no Fight Club!!!!
WWPTAD?

squints

That Network screencap is brilliant
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

that one was pubricks.  i'm still waiting to buy it for the SE later this month.

squints

Quote from: modage on February 10, 2006, 07:07:55 PM
i'm still waiting to buy it for the SE later this month.

HOLY SHIT! Thanks mod, i had no idea there was a SE coming out..can't seem to find what the special features are though...:(
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche