Cannes 2004

Started by MacGuffin, February 20, 2004, 12:52:17 PM

kotte

My dad actually dated Brigitte Bardot. 8)

bonanzataz

Quote from: kotteMy dad actually dated Brigitte Bardot. 8)

well, who didn't?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

bonanzataz

i just have nothing to say to that...

i'll crawl back, now...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SoNowThen

So much for me caring about the Palme D'Or ever again...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

SHAFTR

Quote from: SoNowThenSo much for me caring about the Palme D'Or ever again...

have you seen Fahrenheidt 9-11?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ono

Quote from: SHAFTR
Quote from: SoNowThenSo much for me caring about the Palme D'Or ever again...

have you seen Fahrenheidt 9-11?
Betting that's just a typical conservative knee-jerk reaction.  No offense intended or anything, but all you do is discredit yourself when you make these comments without experiencing the films (first Almodovar -- did we mention Talk to her is great? -- and now Moore's F911).  It's hard to avoid it, I know, and I'm guilty of doing it, too.  But people who are less ignorant, such as filmmakers and cinephiles, should know the hazards of doing this.

Me, I'm happy for Moore.  He really deserves it (and I'm basing this on the quality of his previous works as I haven't seen F911 yet -- the quality of his past stuff is basis enough to give him recognition).  And of course, I can't wait to see the film to see if it lives up to the accolades.

Pubrick

nothing surprising about SNT's reaction.

he is known for judging things he's never seen or ever plans to see. he's championing 2046 having heard nothing good about it, saying it's incomplete, but F911 is already dismissed despite good reviews and potentially being incomplete also.

i mean, really, no surprises there.
under the paving stones.

mutinyco

Let's lynch that Canadian son of a bitch!
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

El Duderino

Quote from: Pubrick
i mean, really, no surprises there.

dont forget about his apprehesion to see any Pedro films
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

El Scorchoz

He hasn't seen any Pedro films?
Who snatched Lilo's coffee???

Stefen

This could get ugly. Like a beatup transvestite.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ono

I already said it, and now you are being redirected to the beginning of the thread.  Fasten your seatbelts.  It's not the first time, and it probably won't be the last.

Mavis

Quote from: El ScorchozHe hasn't seen any Pedro films?
I hear he doesn't like products, and that he eats light. The light of children.

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica