official MovieNavigator thread

Started by mutinyco, July 30, 2003, 10:21:09 AM

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Quote from: mutinycoHello? I've seen it, you moron! I've seen lots of his films! I just don't think much of them.

I operate a movie website. I interview filmmakers and talent. I make movies. I ride without training wheels.

But have you seen it in the theatre in widescreen? Go now! Hurry. Don't wait. Go and see. It's a wonderful film. You should go watch it.

BTW, did anybody else think his post sounded like Max in Rushmore, "I wrote a hit play..."
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

phil marlowe

Quote from: SoNowThenBTW, did anybody else think his post sounded like Max in Rushmore, "I wrote a hit play..."
max? no, maybe a dick but not max.

mutinyco

The point is, I wrote the article. I'm not going to talk about something if I don't know what it is. I don't care much for Godard. Seeing it on a big screen won't change that. I'm not the one asking how to crop my images to 2.35:1 or asking how to imitate DePalma shots. You don't need either. A good imagination and some intuition will solve both problems.

Anyhow, my latest editorial is up. Go to:

http://www.movienavigator.org/editorial.htm
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

mutinyco

My interview with Sofia Coppola is up. You can find it at:

http://www.movienavigator.org/sofia.htm

-St. Joe

mutinyco

I also interviewed the director and star of The Other Side of the Bed. Go to:

http://www.movienavigator.org/otherside.htm

-St. Joe

mutinyco

-St. Joe

bonanzataz

i'm incredibly pissed off i missed 2001 on the big screen. fuck everybody.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

mutinyco

I was expecting you to jump on that.

-St. Joe

Gold Trumpet

I'm waiting for him to write an editorial on this place and the people he can't stand and the ones below his intelligence but still "pretty cool."

~rougerum

mutinyco

-St. Joe

mutinyco

-St. Joe

ShanghaiOrange

muntinyco, that was the wrong thing to say.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

mutinyco

EVERYTHING is the wrong thing to say, huh?...

-St. Joe