10 favorite albums

Started by Jeremy Blackman, March 03, 2004, 05:09:40 PM

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: RaikusYeah, realized that after I posted  :oops:

Oh well, too late to edit now.

You could still edit, I think, but it wouldn't be as funny then.  ;)

(Many good choices in your list, too, BTW.)

2LB
Body by Guinness

Alethia

updated and now with color photos!

w/o horse

I give in.

Going classic would complicate the process.  All these albums are from my lifetime.  Obviously.

Because that was easy here are my current ten favorite:

That's all I'm listening to right now.  That's not ten.  The end.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

covers are instantly recognizable, always. especially when they are two pixels wide.
under the paving stones.

modage

yes, i can identify like 2 or 3 of those.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

w/o horse

I wasn't really interested in the people who don't listen to the music.  It's not like those covers are similar to other covers.  You know them or you don't.  People don't usually go "Hey I don't own that album but I really like it."

Quote from: themodernage02yes, i can identify like 2 or 3 of those.

I can easily read five of the titles.  But that's neither here nor there.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

Quote from: Losing the Horse:I can easily read five of the titles.  But that's neither here nor there.
oh, it's here alrite.
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

I don't like him anymore
I like to hug dogs

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The reason we post big images is so people can read the title.

If the title is not present or you have small images, you post the name or album to clue us in.  Now we have no idea what you're talking about, and posting that didn't mean anything to anyone.

Titles make a world of difference.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

w/o horse

Alright.  Then I challenge anyone to name my favorite albums.

Quote from: SleuthI don't like him anymore

What we had was never real, then.  I miss you.

Sleuth

The Unicorns
?
?
Guided By Voices (Bee Thousand?)
Pavement Slanted and Enchanted
??
??
Devendra Banhart Nino Rojo
??
??
The Hold Steady
??
Mountain Ghost Nine Black Poppies
??
Magnolia Electric Company
??
??
??
I like to hug dogs

polkablues

Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker

Pete Yorn - musicforthemorningafter

Bright Eyes - Lifted, or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground

Radiohead - OK Computer

Tool - Aenima

Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Feeder - Comfort In Sound

Jeff Buckley - Grace

Counting Crows - August and Everything After

Placebo - Black Market Music

Whee!  Lists are ever so much fun!

edit: Honorable mentions = Stereophonics, "You Gotta Go There To Come Back"; Minibar, "Fly Below the Radar"; Something For Kate, "Echolalia"; Fiona Apple, "When The Pawn, etc."; David Poe, "David Poe"; Our Lady Peace, "Spiritual Machines"; Remy Zero, "The Golden Hum"; Ours, "Distorted Lullabies"; The Mayfield Four, "Fallout"; Black Lab, "Your Body Above Me".
My house, my rules, my coffee

life_boy

1.  OK Computer[/b] (Radiohead, 1997)

Everything Else in Alphabetical Order (by Album)......[/u]

A.M.[/b] (Wilco, 1995)

Different Class[/b] (Pulp, 1995)

Everybody Makes Mistakes[/b] (Starflyer 59, 1999)

Hearts & Bones[/b] (Paul Simon, 1983)

Midnite Vultures[/b] (Beck, 1999)

Mingus Ah Um[/b] (Charles Mingus, 1959)

On the Fritz[/b] (Steve Taylor, 1985)

Oranges & Lemons[/b] (XTC, 1989)

Pieces of the Sky[/b] (Emmylou Harris, 1975)

NEON MERCURY

dear life_boy,

you make the prettiest lists.  you change font size, use itallics, bold, and then underline ...which is very underused.  if you p.m. holden pike and get some color into your groove, you will be the best ever...but even still your lists are neat.

life_boy

Quote from: NEON MERCURYdear life_boy,

you make the prettiest lists.  you change font size, use itallics, bold, and then underline ...which is very underused.  if you p.m. holden pike and get some color into your groove, you will be the best ever...but even still your lists are neat.

Thank you.

I was raised to believe a list worth making was worth making correctly.  Confusion is the enemy of a good list.