NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Pas

I don't know if they have been translated, but the XIII graphic novels are really really awesome

Banky

yeah they have, the whole game is a really sharp visual comic book

Thecowgoooesmooo

Anybody play Counterstrike? It's really addicting and I think the best first person multiplayer shooter out there right now.

chris

Raikus

Try playing Call of Duty as well. Counterstrike will probably be the king of multiplayer fps, but if you like WW2 games, CoD is the tits.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuoteTry playing Call of Duty as well. Counterstrike will probably be the king of multiplayer fps, but if you like WW2 games, CoD is the tits.

I gotta check out Call of Duty...

Along the WW2 line I like...

BATTLEFIELD 1942

And I like the Halflife Mod: Day of Defeat.

chris

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusInterplay has shut down Black Isle Studios

First the Blizzard debacle and now this...  :cry: ...

Halo is taking my life away.... i  just got an xbox about a month ago and man... man, man    .    

i also got XIII, splinter cell,  simpsons : hit & run,  soul calibur II,  

but i want to finish Halo first.  it even has a nice story!
context, context, context.

SHAFTR

Quote from: chuckhimselfoHalo is taking my life away.... i  just got an xbox about a month ago and man... man, man    .    

i also got XIII, splinter cell,  simpsons : hit & run,  soul calibur II,  

but i want to finish Halo first.  it even has a nice story!

Yes to Halo...co-op in that is just great.  I think I've played through it about half a dozen times.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Sleuth

I bought Metal Gear Solid 2 (original, not Substance) for $7, and the first part was worth it, but now it's gotten really ridiculous and I don't feel like playing anymore.  But since I never played the first Metal Gear Solid, can somebody explain to me why Snake is a clone of Big Boss, and so is his "brother" Liquid Snake (AND LIQUID SNAKE IS APPARENTLY MADE OF LIQUID, EXPLAIN THAT)
I like to hug dogs

Banky

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: RaikusInterplay has shut down Black Isle Studios

First the Blizzard debacle and now this...  :cry: ...

Life is not worth living anymore.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: SlogI bought Metal Gear Solid 2 (original, not Substance) for $7, and the first part was worth it, but now it's gotten really ridiculous and I don't feel like playing anymore.  But since I never played the first Metal Gear Solid, can somebody explain to me why Snake is a clone of Big Boss, and so is his "brother" Liquid Snake (AND LIQUID SNAKE IS APPARENTLY MADE OF LIQUID, EXPLAIN THAT)

It all goes back to the first one on the NES.  Of course, they really contorted the storyline in a million different directions in Solid.  

Basically here's the gist to explain what you want to know:

Big Boss had 6 (i think) "kids" started up, then he killed 4 of the embryos so the other two would be strong or somethign like that.  I don't really remember too much about that.  Anyway, he wanted to clone himself and there it came out two perfect forms.  Liquid and Solid (which were just code names, no idea why they're snakes.)  Anyway, in the first Solid, you fight Liquid and kill him, and you sever Ocelot's arm, earlier in the game, (well, Ninja does).  Ocelot takes Liquid's arm, and I guess it takes over Ocelot's body at times for reasons unknown to me.  Matter of fact, that very plot point disgusted me and almost drove me away from the game.  If not for the violence, I would've quit.

I have no idea abuot Liquid being made of more than 70% water, so I can't help you there.  I think either you have somethign confused, or I do.  Any other questions about it, I can try to answer them.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas ... And, the ninjas are all on fire, too"
—Jason Jones, Bungie Studios

i agree with the MGS2: Sons of Liberty thing.  the first  game is still one of my favorites but the second one was just silly. besides, we all felt cheated with the Snake/Raiden thing.

let's prey they NEVER make a MGS movie. ever.
context, context, context.

Sleuth

Quote from: Bankyi know this is probably a dumb question but who are you slog?

Slobh
I like to hug dogs

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: chuckhimselfoi agree with the MGS2: Sons of Liberty thing.  the first  game is still one of my favorites but the second one was just silly. besides, we all felt cheated with the Snake/Raiden thing.

Raiden was such a whiney little bitch.  Solid Snake was THE man.

Quote from: chuckhimselfolet's prey they NEVER make a MGS movie. ever.

I don't know, I think Metal Gear Solid would make a good movie...with Psycho Mantis, Vulcan Raven, Sniper Wolf, the good cast.  They coudl end it just like the game, and completely negate MGS2.