NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI'm addicted to Starcraft, not a huge fan of Warcraft 3, though.  Too many units and abilities.

Yeah, I'm not very good at Warcraft 3. Maybe it's cause you have to use magic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I heard there may be a new Fallout!  I hope the new Fallout isn't just Tactics on PS2 and Gamecube.  It was fun, but in no way comparable to its predecessors.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI heard there may be a new Fallout!

Kind of.

It's not turn-based, and not an RPG. It's an action game. I'm not really interested.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI hope the new Fallout isn't just Tactics on PS2 and Gamecube.

PS2 and Xbox.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I have Fallout Tactics for the PC and, although it has a lot of inside jokes from the other ones, it lacks so much in story.  It completely drops everyting, and just has you do missions with the Brotherhood of Steel.  There is so much rich story, and they just nixed it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

aclockworkjj

rocking.

seriously. somone tell me how i can play fifa online???....i have game to take on the 'effin world.  bring it.  

but while on the subject, (sorry to keep bringin' up arcade games)....but what about this?

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerwill it be a fallout version of SC Ghost?

No, think of Starcraft, but in squadrons.

Oh, for those of you who have played Fallout 2...remember the Gauss rifle?  That shot caseless slugs at incredible speeds that tore through armor and had a long range?  In Tactics there's a new Gauss gun.  A Gauss minigun.  When I found it while playing FT:BOS I nearly pooped myself.

SHAFTR

I just got Prince of Persia and Top Spin for Xbox.  Wow, plus they came with 2 months free of Xbox live.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Gamblour.

This stuff may have been mentioned already, but I don't feel like reading 5 pages, it's late. My favorite games ever:

FF7, Resident Evil 1, 2, and Nemesis, Half-Life. Those are them. Nothing beats 'em, especially FF7.
WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..theh best FF IMO is FF3 for snes.......

I was just about to say that.  I think FF6 (or 3 for us Americans) was the peak of Final Fantasies.  It has replay value because of the charm of the characters, now that is odd.  7 was good too, but a littl hard to follow sometimes...

SHAFTR

Prince of Persia is a very fun game.  So far it has been quick though.  I have put in about 4.5 hours and I'm 52% through the game.  The game is very fun though, I think I would probably play through it again.  Also, on the Xbox disc (not sure on other consoles) there is the Original Prince of Persia and Prince of Persia 2.

I heard that Ninja Gaiden is going to do the same thing, including the orignals.  This excites me.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Raikus

Bad news for Fallout lovers:
-------------------
Black Isle Studios Closing Its Doors

Bad news for RPG lovers everywhere, as it seems Interplay has shut down Black Isle Studios. Damien Foletto, one of the designers at Black Isle posted a message in the Interplay forums, stating that "[yesterday] was my last day at the (former) BIS, as it was for my whole team."

Black Isle, who published engrossing RPG's including Fallout and Baldur's Gate, has been in trouble recently due to the financial troubles of Interplay and key members leaving the company. In addition, there have been some legal disputes over the Dungeons & Dragons name, causing a future D&D title in development to be cancelled.

Although Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II will be released in January, there will also no longer be a Fallout 3. It's a real shame, since the company, as Foletto put it, "were all avid gamers and wanted to make the PC games that not only we wanted to play, but also the fans."
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.