NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Don't forget Soul Calibur II (even though it's not Gamecube-exclusive).

NEON MERCURY

stefen, raikus, and JB...thanks for the recomendations.
if all goes well, i should have it by this weekend.  stefen, i already have an xbox 8).  honeslty, i think its the better of the three systems and my reasonings are :awesome exclusives [halo, ninja gaiden, morrowind, star wars: knights of the old republic, etc. >>>plus the soon to be released doom 3 and  the new star wars rpg], and when all three systems carry the same game the xbox version is mostly always better since the xbox is a more powerful console, another good thing is the fact that you can create you own custom soundtracks which is a good thing since the music in most games suck ass, and lastly, the xbox saves its files in its hard drive which means>>>>no memory cards.

i use to have 2 PS2s.  that system is a piece of sh*t!!! the only thing that keeps people buying PS2s is grand theft auto.  and i am still betting that the new GTA game will be on xbox like the other two already are and xbox owners will get a more polished version and custom soundtracks...

i think what brough on this gamecube thing happen last week when i found and dusted off my super nes and old school nes, the N64 and started playing all the old favorites.and i really miss that sh*t.  so, i am thinking about the metriod gamecube bundle which includes the full version of metroid prime, the system itself, and a bonus of metroid prime 2[my guess is a demo] for $99.    i feel that you cant beat that deal and with the suggestions that stefen, raikus and JB gave me- i cant loose...

SHAFTR

I've thought about getting a Gamecube simply for Mario Party, but the prices of all the controllers would add up.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Stefen

haha, dude, mario party sucks. It's not even fun if you have people over. It's a horrible franchise that is only made so a bunch of 9 year olds can play it for  2 hours...once.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Stefenhaha, dude, mario party sucks. It's not even fun if you have people over. It's a horrible franchise that is only made so a bunch of 9 year olds can play it for  2 hours...once.

You are very, very wrong.

Sleuth

Neon, get Eternal Darkness, you'll like it.  I think I even talked about it earlier in this thread,  my initial reactions were that I wasn't impressed, but eventually it became one of the only games in the past 5 years that I actually like.
I like to hug dogs

mogwai

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas jacked

Less than a week before its release, the wildly anticipated crime game has itself been stolen and republished on the Internet.

Less than a week after a pirated version of Halo 2 began appearing on the Web, another of the year's most sought after games has been stolen. Ironically, it also happens to be a game titled after a larcenous act itself. That's right. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has become the latest victim of piracy, with illegal copies of the game, its manual, and its cover appearing on various Web sites.

Late today, Rockstar issued a statement on this latest in a series of unfortunate events. "The proper authorities are investigating the theft and are continuing to investigate all possible leads to ensure there is no further dissemination of our creative content," read the statement. "Downloading, possession and distribution of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, including making the game available on the internet, is theft." Then came this warning from the company: "We take the theft of our intellectual property very seriously and we are and will continue to diligently and aggressively pursue this matter."

For those wishing to help track down the San Andreas thieves, Rockstar also offered the following advice: "If anyone finds information on websites with links to unauthorized downloads, information, scans or videos, please contact us at piracy@rockstargames.com."

Rockstar officials also emphasized the fact that the theft would not affect Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' release plans. The game is due in the US next Tuesday, October 26, and in Europe next Friday, October 29. However, it is already clear that with four of the year's top games--GTA: San Andreas, Halo 2, Doom 3, and Half-Life 2---being posted online before their official releases, piracy is becoming an increasingly common and serious problem for both gamers and the games industry.

Chest Rockwell

I can't fucking wait for GTA SA. Have you guys seen some of the new stuff theyre putting in? There's a food and work-out system (so the cguy can get fat or built to your discretion), and you can ride bikes! shiiiiit...

SHAFTR

Quote from: Chest RockwellI can't fucking wait for GTA SA. Have you guys seen some of the new stuff theyre putting in? There's a food and work-out system (so the cguy can get fat or built to your discretion), and you can ride bikes! shiiiiit...

I worry about the food system, I think it has the possibility of weighing the game down, but we'll see.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Chest RockwellI can't fucking wait for GTA SA. Have you guys seen some of the new stuff theyre putting in? There's a food and work-out system (so the cguy can get fat or built to your discretion), and you can ride bikes! shiiiiit...

Mog posted a link to all sorts of crap on it earlier...

I'm more than excited about this game.

Skipping school for this one, anyone else?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

sickfins

i get really really scared playing metal gear solid.  those hand crawly things in the zelda 64 games make me take my feet off the floor and fold them on the couch

Jeremy Blackman

Probably the scariest game I've played is an unsuccessful N64 title, Nightmare Creatures. Resident Evil has atmosphere, but this game genuinely and deliberately surprises you in the most genius ways.

Also, (while we're going in this direction) the most violent game I've played is a Dreamcast game (also a flop, though I think there was another version or two on a different system) called "Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage"... the gameplay consists solely of hacking people to pieces with a large sword.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SleuthNeon, get Eternal Darkness, you'll like it.  I think I even talked about it earlier in this thread,  my initial reactions were that I wasn't impressed, but eventually it became one of the only games in the past 5 years that I actually like.

thanks.... 8)   that game is actaully next on my list...

and i did end up getting the gamecube on friday.  i got the "platinum edition" w/ metroid prime.  i also bought [used] resident evil, sonic collection, star wars rogue squadron II, viewtiful joe, mega man collection... and i will check into more of what you guy suggested.

i will have to that metriod prime game is un-phucking-believable!!!!!!!! i have only played for an hour so-but to me the one player game already eclipses Halo. when i first heard while back that metriod was goin first person shooter, i thoought it woul suck.  to me what makes a metroid game is exploring a unique world w/ cool music and nice visuals.  prime exceedes this on all accounts.   im a believer   :notworthy:

Stefen

Gamespots GTA San Andreas review is up. They gave it a 9.6 out of 10. Pretty good. I didn't know Sam Jackson, Peter Fonda, David Cross,  Charlie Murphy, ICE T, and James Woods were voicing the game. Thats a pretty good voice cast. I got mine preordered and will pick it up tomorrow., you should too.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SHAFTR

Official Xbox Magazine gave Halo 2 a 9.7/10....the highest score they have ever given.