NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Raikus

Just got the new expansion to Call of Duty called United Offensive.

Great game. See you in November!
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Sony shows smaller PlayStation 2

TOKYO (AP) -- Sony Corp. on Tuesday showed a smaller, book-sized PlayStation 2 that will go on sale worldwide next month and help the Japanese electronics giant cut costs as video-game consoles continue to drop in price.

The downsized PlayStation 2, which weighs half of the current model at 32 ounces, will cost $149 in the United States and €149 in Europe, the same price as the current model.

The Tokyo-based company said the Japan price will be set by stores, but it is expected to be slightly cheaper than the current price of $180. These prices are about half the prices of the PlayStation 2 when it first went on sale four years ago.

Competition has been heating up recently among the world's video-game makers, especially in pricing.

Nintendo Co., known for its Super Mario games and its rival console called GameCube, and is coming out with a version of its popular Game Boy portable with two screens called Nintendo DS. It will be available on Nov. 21 in North America for $149 and in Japan on Dec. 2.

Software giant Microsoft Corp., a relative latecomer to the game-console market, sells the Xbox. Earlier this year, Sony cut the price of its PlayStation 2 by $30 to $149 following a similar move by Microsoft for the Xbox in March.

Sony Computer Entertainment chief executive Ken Kutaragi said PlayStation 2 sales were still going strong after more than four years, and sales are expected to grow during the key Christmas shopping season.

"The PlayStation has grown into a stable platform," he told reporters at a meeting to discuss PlayStation strategy.

The smaller PlayStation 2 is about a fourth the size of the regular PlayStation 2, but includes all of its functions, such as playing CDs and DVDs. It comes with a built-in Ethernet port for online gaming. The U.S. model will also have an analog modem port for homes without broadband.

The machine, which is an inch thick, down from 3 inches, will hit stores Nov. 1 in North America and Europe, and Nov. 3 in Japan. It uses fewer parts than today's PlayStation 2, which cuts manufacturing costs, Kutaragi said.

Contrary to expectations, Kutaragi did not announce the price of the PlayStation Portable, a handheld going on sale later this year in Japan and next spring overseas.

He said he wants to gauge reaction when it's shown with playable games at the Tokyo Game Show later this week. He said 22 games will be at the event, including "New Ridge Racer" and "Metal Gear Acid." More than 100 games are being planned for the sales date.

The PlayStation Portable, nicknamed PSP, is about the size of a VHS tape and its surface space is mostly made up of a display for high-quality video as well as games.

"You will see the PSP is totally different from mobile devices that have been around up to now," Kutaragi said.

Kutaragi also said the next-generation PlayStation, the successor to the PlayStation 2, whose sales date and other details are still undecided, will use the Blu-ray disc format.

The announcement was not a surprise since Sony is among the chief backers of Blu-ray technology over a competing standard, High Definition DVD, promoted by Toshiba Corp. and NEC Corp., for next-generation digital video.

The PlayStation series is a key part of Sony's business strategy to fuse music and movies with gaming and boost electronics sales. Nearly 74 million PlayStation 2 machines have been sold worldwide, 40 million of them in the United States and nearly 21 million in Japan.

PlayStation 2 is the dominant game system around the world, controlling about 80% of the market in Japan and Europe and about 47% in the United States, according to Sony.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

...i just got this bitch yesterday when i picked up the trilogy.  and its fun as hell.  basically, you get to battle all the "classic" battles like hoth, endor, tattoine, etc. from th eol dschool trilogy.  plus you can fight all of the battles from the new films[including episode III].  the best part about the game besides the killer sound effects, graphics, and music is th efaxct that you can do whatever you want.  be good, bad, or in between. and each character you choose has their own pros and cons.  and you can pilot any vehicle you see-GTA style.  its phuckign awesome. the freedom to do whateveer you want is my favorite part.  and i finallt get to ride one of those speeder bikes from endor in return of the jedi.  ever since i was a kid i wanted to do that kind os sh*t and now i can.  i know i sound kind of  ghey and rather  sexually frustrated when i speak about this game but i can deal with it.  but  anyone who owns a xbox or the "little engine that could"[PS2] you need to get this game and thank me later.

may the force be with my virtual cock :kiss:

oh yeah, cronopio, i havent played fable yet but i intend to.  is it as fun/cool as its hyped to be?

SHAFTR

Quote from: NEON MERCURY

...i just got this bitch yesterday when i picked up the trilogy.  and its fun as hell.  basically, you get to battle all the "classic" battles like hoth, endor, tattoine, etc. from th eol dschool trilogy.  plus you can fight all of the battles from the new films[including episode III].  the best part about the game besides the killer sound effects, graphics, and music is th efaxct that you can do whatever you want.  be good, bad, or in between. and each character you choose has their own pros and cons.  and you can pilot any vehicle you see-GTA style.  its phuckign awesome. the freedom to do whateveer you want is my favorite part.  and i finallt get to ride one of those speeder bikes from endor in return of the jedi.  ever since i was a kid i wanted to do that kind os sh*t and now i can.  i know i sound kind of  ghey and rather  sexually frustrated when i speak about this game but i can deal with it.  but  anyone who owns a xbox or the "little engine that could"[PS2] you need to get this game and thank me later.

may the force be with my virtual cock :kiss:

oh yeah, cronopio, i havent played fable yet but i intend to.  is it as fun/cool as its hyped to be?

I'm glad you like it, I found it very flawed and I sold it back to get Fable.  Best First Person Shooter (outside of Halo) on Xbox right now is Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Raikus

I've played Battlefront on the PC and it's a very nice game. Basically Battlefield 1942 with a Star Wars makeover.

But it's still fun to shoot an Ewok.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

mogwai

GTA soundtrack: James Brown meets Willie Nelson in San Andreas

Rockstar Games will give audiophiles two ways to experience the musical soundtrack of its upcoming title, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Both a two-CD 'best-of' compilation and an eight-CD box set of the complete soundtrack will be released to consumers in the US on November 23, 2004.

The game's publisher is calling the soundtrack one that includes "contemporary west coast and classic east coast hip-hop, funk, rare groove, new jack swing and contemporary soul, alternative rock, classic rock, reggae and country."

Over 150 tracks will be included in the game.

The playlist for the two CD set includes the following:

CD 1
The Theme From San Andreas
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
2 Pac - I Don't Give A F**k
James Brown - The Payback
Ronnie Hudson - West Coast Poplock
Guy - Groove Me
Eddie Money - Two Tickets To Paradise
Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man
The Maytals - Pressure Drop
Slick Rick - Children's Story
Rick James - Cold Blooded
Raze - Break 4 Love

CD 2
Ohio Players - Funky Worm
Heart - Barracuda
Compton's Most Wanted - Hood Took Me Under
Lyn Collins - Think About It
Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
Bell Biv Devoe - Poison
Max Romeo & The Upsetters - Chase The Devil
Eric B & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul
Willie Nelson - Crazy

Bonus Track
AFI - Head Like A Hole

UncleJoey

Quote from: mogwai
Bonus Track
AFI - Head Like A Hole

Has anyone heard this? Any good? I had no idea they covered this song.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

to all the pirates out there: gta:sa and halo 2 have already leaked. which is disgusting.
context, context, context.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: cronopioto all the pirates out there: gta:sa and halo 2 have already leaked. which is disgusting.

ar matey....tis disguesting indeed ...those  plunderes and landluberors deserve to walk the plank.

.....i can speak fluent pirate?................or i sound ghey?

>>>i  have been playing these lately

>this new one is awesome.  i always like the MK series its funny as sh*t...and this game is huge.  every character has 2 fatalities and one suicide move...and the levels are multiple layers and numerous deathtraps....so far the best fatality i hav eseen [which isnt many yet] is one os syb-zeros one where he freezes the guy then comes up from behind him and rips out his head[spinal cord dangeling too] just like th eols school sub zero. then he throws the head at the frozen body and it blows up...its so over the top stupid and funny....i love it...the game comes with a tetris type game and a chess game in mortal kombat fashion....and if you get the "collectors edition" they got behind the scenes material and a brief history of MK....plus, the second disc contains an exact arcade port of the first mortal kombat.....i  spent countless quarters on that sh*t........if you are any type of MK fan ..you got to buy this game....and the krypt is back  w/ multiple unlockables.......and i forgo tto mention that this game has a conquest mode..which i heard is even longer than fable...its basically a tutorial but its 40+ hours long and you need to complete this to unlock other characters and costumes...its fun though.

>>i recently bought this also...it reminds me of baulders gate and gauntlet...is a button masher/rpg  with the x-men....i havent played it fully yet but its fun...

and i have a question for GAMECUBE owners:

since the systemis only $100 i am thinking about getting one.  i was wondering other than metriod prime and the legend of zelda: the wind waker, what other system exclusives should i be interested in?  help me out by recomending me some GAMECUBE only great games........

thanks >>>

Stefen

NEON, a gamecube is a great investment. Metroid 2 is coming out soon and the new zleda, plus you havd great games like Animal Crossing and the resident evil series. I'd reccomend getting a gamecube. I have a ps2 and a gamecube and the gamecube gets more play from me. No need to get an xbox cause xbox is like the brett ratner of systems. ps2 is the soderbergh of systems and gamecube is the Kubrick of systems. Do be Ratner NEON.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Raikus

Quote from: NEON MERCURYand i have a question for GAMECUBE owners:

since the systemis only $100 i am thinking about getting one.  i was wondering other than metriod prime and the legend of zelda: the wind waker, what other system exclusives should i be interested in?  help me out by recomending me some GAMECUBE only great games........
Well, those are easily the best 2 games. Other greats are the Zelda Compilations disk (has all the old school and N64 Zelda on one disk), Mario: Sunshine, Mario Kart and Viewtiful Joe (although it just came out on PS2). I'd say just playing Prime (and Prime 2 coming out soon) would be worth buying it.

Also, X-Men Legends is one of the most addictive games to come out in a while. Great gameplay and tons of stuff to do. Even if you don't know much about the X-Men comics (points at self) it still is fun.

SHAFTR

Quote from: StefenNo need to get an xbox cause xbox is like the brett ratner of systems.....gamecube is the Kubrick of systems.

I'd take back that Xbox comment once Halo 2 comes out Nov 9.

And GameCube is the Disney of systems.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Stefen

xbox, a few games, nothing too great(RATNER). Gamecube, a few games, most of them spectacular(KUBRICK). Is halo 2 coming out nov 9th? I thought it came out 2 years ago?

I'll wait till halo 2 comes out for pc like i did with halo 1. xbox is the trendy system, you aernt cool unless you have an xbox, shaftr you are the man.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Raikus

Quote from: StefenI'll wait till halo 2 comes out for pc like i did with halo 1. xbox is the trendy system, you aernt cool unless you have an xbox, shaftr you are the man.
Halo is SOOOO much better on the XBox than on the PC. PC is glitchy, fps is all screwed up, and just doesn't have the same play value as the console. And this is playing the game on 2.4 GHz with a new NVidia 6800 graphic card and 1028 Memory.

Of course Halo would be the only exception to ported games being better on the console than on the PC.