NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

Aernt they supposed to be making a sequel to final fantasy 7? Or just that kiddie flick?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Chest Rockwell

They're making a prequel to it for Japanese cell phones.
They're making a Final Fantasy VII movie for the upcoming PlayStation Portable.

Anyways, I just started playing this MMORPG, City of Heroes. It's rather awesome, what I've played. You basically get to create your own superhero and save the city from thugs, robots, and aliens, etc.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

They once planned a rerelease of FF7, a much cleaner cut version, more smooth and perhaps more side quests.  

That was just rumored for a while, but they'd make a lot of money if they did.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

...i love these squad combat games...i feel like a suave general patton when i command my bitches..anyone got any other suggestions for the X that i can rent/buy thats sort of like this one....?

oh and when is HaLo 2 coming out ?

SHAFTR

Quote from: NEON MERCURY

november
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SHAFTR

november

thanks dude...!....... i pre-ordered it  yesterday...damn, its been a while since i got this geeked up over a phucking videogame.......i ordered the "special edition" halo game....it skind of wierd the guy told me it comes in a "big metal tin package" with "raised lettering on the outside"  and a "making of halo 1 and 2"....also i think he said it comes w/ a book or something else.......it was only $5 more dollars-so WTF?.....that got me thinking that they are treating this game like a pimped out film releasing on dvd......i even heard that they show the halo 2 'preview'  along w/ the other trailers at the theatres........

also..........whats x-box live all about ???....as a new xbox user whats the 411 on this??..........

SHAFTR

november

also..........whats x-box live all about ???....as a new xbox user whats the 411 on this??..........

Online playing.  It's actually a pretty good deal.  Pay around $50 and get a year subscription, headphone/speakers and an XBOX Live game (mechassault, i think).  If Halo 2 is as good as they say.  I'm going to buy xbox live that day.

NEON MERCURY

november

Online playing.  It's actually a pretty good deal.  Pay around $50 and get a year subscription, headphone/speakers and an XBOX Live game (mechassault, i think).  If Halo 2 is as good as they say.  I'm going to buy xbox live that day.

thanks......just a couple of more questions.. :) .........

1) what do i need to get set up?
...broadband ? or will my trusty dial up suffice?

2) do i need to buy other acessories that wasnt included w/ my xbox...the xbox i got was the 'halo special edition" it came w/ the console [see through clear green... :shock: ] and a controller and halo of course..so what else do i need?

3.)once i am online and ready ....could i go on the internet and do ther stuff or am i just restricted to online gaming?..........the reason why i ask is b/c i could sell my computer and just go on the net w/ my xbox

thanks.......

SHAFTR

november

thanks......just a couple of more questions.. :) .........

1) what do i need to get set up?
...broadband ? or will my trusty dial up suffice?

2) do i need to buy other acessories that wasnt included w/ my xbox...the xbox i got was the 'halo special edition" it came w/ the console [see through clear green... :shock: ] and a controller and halo of course..so what else do i need?

3.)once i am online and ready ....could i go on the internet and do ther stuff or am i just restricted to online gaming?..........the reason why i ask is b/c i could sell my computer and just go on the net w/ my xbox

thanks.......

1) broadband
2) nope
3) only xbox gaming

Raikus

Quote from: NEON MERCURY2) do i need to buy other acessories that wasnt included w/ my xbox...the xbox i got was the 'halo special edition" it came w/ the console [see through clear green... :shock: ] and a controller and halo of course..so what else do i need?
Just a word of caution. My wife just bought me the same XBox for my birthday and it will not play "Knights of the Old Republic" due to it having an uncompatable hard drive with the game. Still plays everything else fine (so far), but if you wanted to play KotOR, tough luck--or atleast that's what the nice Best Buy customer rep said when I tried returning the game.  :evil:
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: NEON MERCURY2) do i need to buy other acessories that wasnt included w/ my xbox...the xbox i got was the 'halo special edition" it came w/ the console [see through clear green... :shock: ] and a controller and halo of course..so what else do i need?
Just a word of caution. My wife just bought me the same XBox for my birthday and it will not play "Knights of the Old Republic" due to it having an uncompatable hard drive with the game. Still plays everything else fine (so far), but if you wanted to play KotOR, tough luck--or atleast that's what the nice Best Buy customer rep said when I tried returning the game.  :evil:

:yabbse-huh: ....so far KotOR works fine...havent had any glitches or incorrect loads or whatever........so, i hope its cool....that sucks that it doesnt work for you.......b/c that game is in-phucking-credible.!!!.......but i heard that  KotOR 2 will be out early next year so im sure the compatibility issues will be fine for the both of us...thanks for the word of caution though...

Raikus

Well, sucks to be me then. The game kept freezing up every time I selected 'new game' or tryed to cycle down in the inventory. I was informed the hard drive in my particular one doesn't work with the game so I just thought it was for all the Halo series.

I'm glad you can play it though. Know anyone that wants a once used KoTOR game? I'm going to pick it up for the PC instead.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Raikus
I'm glad you can play it though. Know anyone that wants a once used KoTOR game? quote]

... :) ...if i find someone  i ll let you know...........

i ve ben on a xbox buying frenzy lately............
i bought this game and its phuckign killer ..........[and an xbox exsclusive]....

...you can also unlock NG I, II, III......... 8)

A World Apart

Ninja Gaiden is freakin' awesome. It takes like a day just to beat some souped up heavily armored machine crazy helicopter!

I'm on a Ratchet and Clank 2 craze right now. I can't get enough of it. It may be only a "platform" game, but it seriously has everything. There are parts where you hack and slash, fight in your spaceship, grind down railings, hang-glide, snipe enemies, and you build up your life and your weapons as you go on...just like an RPG. I highly recommend this game, the replay value is incredible.
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

Raikus

I just got this game today and I'm loving it. It's basically an urban assault tactics game (It really reminds me of Black Hawk Down as far as terrain and feel). Not a FPS, but instead you control two squads and position them in a city environment. It's pretty realistic and strictly by the book (the characters put their guns down when another troop is in the line of fire, etc.). Definitely give it a rental. It's heavy on early tutorial but once it lets you decide how to proceed it really livens up the game play.