Started by Pedro, March 20, 2003, 11:46:16 PM

Alethia

the front
king lear
scenes from a mall
picking up the pieces

cine

Quote from: ewardthe front
Oh yes! Especially The Front! This is one of my favourite movies, as I love the chemistry between Allen and Zero. Great movie.

TheVoiceOfNick

Happy birthday to Woody Allen!  He's 68 today.  May he make many more movies that bomb in the US and rate first in the box office of France!  

Happy birthday Woody... one my most favorite-ist directors of all time. :)

ono

Quote from: MacGuffin... She said he was at work on a new film, currently untitled, with a cast that includes Will Ferrell and Chloe Sevigny.
Woody Allen + Will Ferrell + Chloe Sevigny = :yabbse-thumbup:

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickHappy birthday Woody... one my most favorite-ist directors of all time. :)

Not one of... THE one :-D  

By the way, "Anything Else" will only be released here in Portugal in the first weekend of January, keeping the tradition of the past two years (2002 "The Curse oh The Jade Scorpion" and 2003 "Hollywood Ending") and as always, I'll be there on opening night (I don't give a fuck how bad the reviews were on this one). As for his next film... I love the cast and am really looking forward to this.
Si

cine

You'll like "Anything Else", I wouldn't worry about any negative reviews.. I loved that film.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: CinephileYou'll like "Anything Else", I wouldn't worry about any negative reviews.. I loved that film.

I bet I will. A fan opinion is always more reliable than a critic's. I'll post something about it when I see it.
Si

meatwad

A friend of mine ran into Zach Orth at the UCB Theatre a few weeks ago (he was in a show there), and they asked him about the new Woody Allen movie. He said he has a really small part, and that Will Farrell is great in the film so far. I believe at that point they were still shooting.

abuck1220

i just re-watched manhattan murder mystery last night and loved it. i watched it a few years ago and i wanted to see if i liked it as much as i remember liking it. and i did. i don't understand why this gets overlooked when talking about woody's best work. it's one of my favorites.

coffeebeetle

I think this is a great film too.  When it comes to the Allen/Keaton chemistry, ya can't beat it!

Interestingly, he's been quoted as saying it's one of his least favorite films.  Go figure.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

abuck1220

Quote from: coffeebeetleI think this is a great film too.  When it comes to the Allen/Keaton chemistry, ya can't beat it!

Interestingly, he's been quoted as saying it's one of his least favorite films.  Go figure.

really?? that's surprising. he's really funny in it. some of his best one-liners are in that one.

coffeebeetle

Agreed.  "You have nothing that can't be cured with a little Prozac and a polo mallet..."

Heheh
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

TheVoiceOfNick

Woody is such a great filmmaker... he's so underrated... at least he's big in Europe...

ElPandaRoyal

Manhattan Murder Mistery is, for me, the ultimate Woody Allen comedy (I only said comedy, not movie) on pair with Love & Death.

"My favorite thing in life is, you know, to look at cancelled postage." -- this is just gold
Si

SHAFTR

I just saw my 2nd Allen film (after Annie Hall)...Manhattan.

Another piece of gold...I need to watch more Woody Allen films.

Isn't he almost 70 now????!
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"