Original Star Wars Trilogy to be released on DVD

Started by Raikus, February 07, 2003, 03:29:25 PM

mogwai

Quote from: GhostboyI'm sure Mark Hammil would have had nothing better to do on the day they recorded these.
fine by me cuz i think he has one of the most annoying voices on the planet. he sounds like lars ulrich on speed or something.

tpfkabi

changing the Emperor will make it more noticeable than the original. i never even realized it wasn't the same actor. the face is covered in shadow. does (did) it ever seem out of place to you?

i wonder if Hayden C will lip synch to James Earl Jones then?
=)

well, i guess he would only sound like JEJ if he puts on the helmet in Ep. III
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Raikus

Quote from: mogwaifine by me cuz i think he has one of the most annoying voices on the planet. he sounds like lars ulrich on speed or something.
That man is a phenominal voice talent. Check out his IMDB info. I would prefer is he talked like Joker from Batman: The Animated Series all the time though.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: plasmatron
Quote from: GhostboyI'm sure Mark Hammil would have had nothing better to do on the day they recorded these.
fine by me cuz i think he has one of the most annoying voices on the planet. he sounds like lars ulrich on speed or something.

hahahaha....i feel the same way.......he has a whiny(wine-ey), nasaly sounding voice.........i actually wish there was a Jawa commentary track...w/ r2d2 and c3po..now, that would be hilarious, thought-provoking , and opedial-like in a machina way......

Find Your Magali

If they were REALLY ballsy, there would be the "After the Kids Have Gone to Bed Kevin Smith Commentary Track."

I mean, really, if Lord of the Rings can have four commentary tracks per movie, why the heck can't the original Star Wars trilogy???

cine

Quote from: Find Your MagaliIf they were REALLY ballsy,
they would have a Greedo commentary track.

Find Your Magali

Or an original Errol Morris documentary entitled "The Thin Green Line," which traces the history of who shoots first in the cantina scene. Talking with other denizens of the bar who originally witnessed the incident, piercing interviews with an old, washed-up Han about his intentions and actions, riveting Philip Glass score, and then a vindicating final scene in which Lucas, on audio tape, breaks down and admits that he altered history and that Han really did gun down innocent Greedo, and got away with it.

NEON MERCURY

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: OnomatopitaThey should really just fucking stop releasing fullscreen DVDs.  Let the idiots fade away in the glorious splendor of natural selection, and the smart ones figure out that, hey, THIS is the way movies are supposed to be.  But WTF am I doing in a Star Wars thread anyway?  *goes to read more about Eternal Sunshine...*

I agree with you on the fullscreen thing, and was just about to post something on it.

Who prefers full over wide?  The people it realy matters to prefer wide anyway (or at least that's what I've noticed).

I also agree with the Star Wars to Eteranl Sunshine transition.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

So anyway, Ono's post was from 2 months ago...

MacGuffin

Source: AICN

A peek at what you can expect when the STAR WARS trilogy hits DVD this fall. I don’t think the image requires much explanation, especially since message boards all over the Internet have been jammed with rumors about this particular change. You'd be wise to save this one to your desktops and redistribute it to friends in case it... ahem... mysteriously vanishes from here. Consider this your first official verification of that rumor:

Source: Digital Bits

I imagine by now many of you have seen the altered Return of the Jedi DVD screen shot posted yesterday over on Ain't it Cool News. While some sources are still hedging their bets... yes, we can confirm that this is authentic. It IS one of many changes that are being made to the original Star Wars films for the September 21st DVD release.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

I don't really care anymore. I imagine we'll see Hayden's face when Vaders' mask is lifted at the end of Jedi as well.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: CinephileSo anyway, Ono's post was from 2 months ago...

So?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Derek

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4175&n=1&burl=

I don't know why they had to come up with new, crappy artwork. They could have used the original release paintings or at least the special edition posters, which were pretty cool.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

modage

Quote from: Derekhttp://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4175&n=1&burl=

I don't know why they had to come up with new, crappy artwork. They could have used the original release paintings or at least the special edition posters, which were pretty cool.
because then they would have to pay Drew Struzan a quarter for every dvd sold, and as episodes I and II's ultra shitty artwork has proven, they arent willing to do that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.