Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

Gold Trumpet

Kirk Douglas is still #1 for me.

Lottery

N

Fernando

Garry Shandling Dead at 66  :yabbse-sad:

huge bummer, I think The Larry Sanders Show was one of the shows that paved the way for today's current quality of TV.

Garam

:( this is a tough year. Phife Dawg too.

Larry Sanders is maybe the best sitcom ever? Definite top 5 anyway.

Jeremy Blackman

Reel

Patton Oswalt's wife died in her sleep on thursday at 46. Such a heavy blow, I wonder how this will impact the trajectory of his career from here on out

Michelle McNamara

jenkins

QuoteMcGurk was folding the chrome arm back over the turntable, feeding the control cable back into its hole, carefully closing the case, not paying any attention to Arty. Arty sucked his lower lip in between his teeth and popped it out again. He waves his right flipper vaguely. "You know you're taking the wrong road on those stumps. You're like a man with a beautiful voice taking a vow of silence. You're working hard to pretend they aren't there and you meet a girl in a bar and don't tell her about those knees until you get to take your pants off. You ought to tan your thighs and walk on them. Wear silver sequin pads and dance on a lit stage where they can see you. All those soft girlies come knocking on your door borrowing sugar in the dead of night and sliming for you. You could have that. Not as much as I get but plenty... You're just going along with what they want you to do. They want those things hidden away, disguised, forgotten, because they know how much power those stumps could have."

she changed my life for the better.

Punch

"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

Reel

Quote from: Punch on June 19, 2016, 01:20:39 PM
Anton Yelchin

http://www.thewrap.com/actor-anton-yelchin-dead-at-27-report/

This could be the single stangest celebrity death of all time. Was he in the car or not? I can't wrap my brain around what actually happened. Like, he's checking the mail and his car just comes barreling into him? WTF.. Maybe he left it running and got out to open the gate but forgot to put it in park, that sounds the most feasible. Has anyone in the public eye like him ever died from such a minor mistake? It's really eerie too, with how good his career was getting. He always landed pretty decent parts, but 'Green Room' seemed to really catapult him into leading man territory. After not having the kindest things to say about him over the years ( because of how he looked and talked ) that movie had me genuinely excited to see where he'd go next.

RIP Yelchster. There will be no more disrespect from me. You had a great life, as far as most of them go...

Reel

I didn't realize until this happened that he's an Asian woman.

samsong