Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

Reel

Man, what are they putting in THOSE LENSES?!?!  :crazyeyes:

Axolotl

David Bowie.

This is the worst.

Lottery

Maaan, fuck this. He just released a great album. At least Blackstar is a hell of a final statement.

jenkins

Reel

somehow this is an even bigger shock than Robin Williams. I can't imagine Earth without this guy on it.

jenkins

QuoteDavid Bowie's last release, Lazarus, was 'parting gift' for fans in carefully planned finale

The producer of Blackstar confirms David Bowie had planned his poignant final message, and videos and lyrics show how he approached his death

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/12092542/Bowies-last-album-was-parting-gift-for-fans-in-carefully-planned-finale.html

it's so obvious it crushes me and others (anyone who listens to it). these are some of my favorite shares from the day:

Garam

this is shit and horrible and terrible and awful and

he was probably the greatest living Englishman. Now time to blast the new album and mope.

Just Withnail

This is about so much more than the music. Bowie was an unrivalled role-model and a big fucking beacon of hope for all the misfits out there. I would undoubtedly be a very different person today had I not had Bowie in my life in my adolescence.

Lottery

Sleepless

I found out just over an hour ago, while listening to sports radio driving to work of all things. I'm stunned. Devestated. Still reeling from this. Fuck cancer.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

jenkins

Lottery

Abe Vigoda.

Quote from: polkablues on July 14, 2015, 04:37:40 PM
I think Ennio Morricone is tied with Abe Vigoda for the title of "Person I'm most surprised by when reminded they're still alive."

I guess Morricone takes the lead.

BB

Lottery

Yup. And remember to view the page source.