short film

Started by johhny60, September 14, 2005, 09:26:50 AM

johhny60

I finished a short movie.
You can look at it and save it at www.google.com

Thanks

picolas

spoils and bad review

it was very good-looking except for the fake slo-mo. i didn't like how the guy overpowered the teacher for no reason. the image of the guy sitting in his desk outside looking unhappy was confusing because the rest of the short seemed to be about him wanting to be outside biking or running near a train or with his gf. i didn't really learn anything.

cowboykurtis

what did you shoot this on - looks like the F-950?
...your excuses are your own...

Ghostboy

I liked it, except for (as mentioned above) the slow motion and the turning-of-the-tables. The slow motion made all the pacing work, and the dolly moves match, but it also just looked sort of awkward and video-ish. I think it might be better if it were slowed even more, maybe with every other frame dropped - so you get that stop-printing slow motion effect. And as for the violence - between the slow-mo and the lack of sound effects, it just felt fake.

The shot of him sitting outside in the desk didn't confuse me, however - it was a transitional shot, as I saw it, where he wasn't completely lost in his daydreams yet.

It felt more like a music video to me, too, which is a risk of making a dialogue-free short film that is edited precisely to an evocative piece of music.

But overall, it was quite nice, and the photography was lovely (particularly the outdoor stuff). What did you shoot it on?