Chick Corea

Started by Reinhold, September 07, 2005, 10:46:05 PM

Reinhold

anybody else like him?

he's playing on campus at the PAC in october... tix for the general public are $45, but it's $21 for me. i think i'm gonna check it out.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

pete

he's really good and really out there as far as a jazz pianist goes.  I saw him a few times, been following him since high school.  he'd mute the piano strings with one arm and play the notes muted sometimes...that's all I remember haha.  yeah he's definitely a very important figure in contemporary jazz...not as a accessible as brad mehldau but do check him out.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Fernando

I've seen him live twice, one with the acoustic band and one with the electric, both kicked ass.

He also did what pete mentioned with the acoustic band, he's one of the best musicians around I think.

Reinhold, is he playing solo? Whatever the case don't miss it.

Reinhold

Quote from: FernandoI've seen him live twice, one with the acoustic band and one with the electric, both kicked ass.

He also did what pete mentioned with the acoustic band, he's one of the best musicians around I think.

Reinhold, is he playing solo? Whatever the case don't miss it.

he's playing solo... just him and a piano.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.