Put it on Discovery! It's Shark Week time!!

Started by Stefen, July 17, 2005, 02:39:36 PM

Stefen

Awesome. My favorite part of the year, SHARK WEEK!!!! Who else is stoked? Bethie says that the only people who watch discovery and animal planet are little kids and stoners. I think shes wrong. Cause I'm neither and i'm watching with childlike curiosity and a whole lot of clarity.

This is a great time of year for me cause it's shark week and my birthday. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I have to go out of town this week and will miss some of it but it's the thought that counts, and also tivo.

I like the programs where they talk about people who have been attacked by sharks. I think it's scary. I've never ever been to the ocean but who needs the ocean when you got shark week?

After you check out this http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/

And this...

CHECK OUT THIS!!! http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/sharkweek/sharkweek.html

<~~~~Shark Week advertisement.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Ravi

Stefen

Hmmm, actually, I guess you guys are right. To hell with shark week.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Stefen

Probably. I've never met one. I've never even been to the ocean. Stereotypes are ruder though.

there's too much poo going on out there in the ocean
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Quote from: StefenI like the programs where they talk about people who have been attacked by sharks. I think it's scary. I've never ever been to the ocean but who needs the ocean when you got shark week?

I'm interested in Mythbusters testing all the myths brought up in Jaws, like, will shooting an air tank really blow it up?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Yeah, I was going to mention that but didn't know if I should have just started this post in a Jaws thread if I did mention that. I love those Mythbuster guys. They do alot of stuff dealing with movies.

Mac, did you ever see that special they did called "Anatomy Of A Bite"? where it showed that guy who was doing that specials on Sharks get bit? It was out of control. He was just there doing his little schpeel and BOOM! a shark takes a bite out of his calf.

I don't think the Shark was trying to hurt him cause it wasn't attacking it just gave a little love nub and took off his calf. It was awful.

Then they showed that old footage of that lady that got her leg eaten off by that great white while she was off that boat then they did a mythbusters type thing and made a mechanical shark to see how hard it would bite. It was really intetresting. They are replaying it later.

MacGuffin

Quote from: StefenI love those Mythbuster guys. They do alot of stuff dealing with movies.

They're hilarious, especially when they test myths like peeing on the third rail.

When I was going through all the extras on the Matrix box set, I recognized Adam working on the models.

Quote from: StefenMac, did you ever see that special they did called "Anatomy Of A Bite"?

Nope, but I see it's being repeated.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinI'm interested in Mythbusters testing all the myths brought up in Jaws, like, will shooting an air tank really blow it up?
*Spoilers if you haven't seen the Jaws version of Mythbusters

Apparently the tanks don't explode. I watched the show last night. All they do is release a ton of compressed air and shoot all over the place. No explosion of any kind. I wondered how in the hell they were going to test punching a shark in the nose. I was sure they'd have PETA out there or something. They pulled it off though. Even built a "punching machine" so they could see how the sharks responded being struck in the nose.

Good show.

I also caught the animal battlefields show on Discovery as well. They did one hour segments on polar bears, lions and wolves. Great stuff..

Stefen