There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Stefen

JUST POST IT GREG!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!!!!!!!!!11!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: StefenJUST POST IT GREG!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!!!!!!!!!11!

And Stefen wins the "First Person To Crack" contest. (just teasing)

His prize will be a slightly used Little Bill action figure from Mattel.

ono

Alethia

Find Your Magali

Perhaps it will turn out that PTA secretly spent the past two years ghost-directing Star Wars: Episode III and that Mace Windu is actually the twin brother of Jimmy from "Hard Eight"

Plus, at the end, frogs fall on Anakin.

Gold Trumpet

I just looked at the site. First i've looked at in weeks. is the news that Daniel Day Lewis might be in his next film? Seems like just speculation to me.

sickfins

i guarantee this news to be very much like the stuff that have killed many of my gilled friends...oily

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Hey, the new thing's up on the main page.

PTA'S NEXT FILM!
SOME SOLID INFO ON PAUL'S NEXT!

I don't see the actual post yet though.

EDIT: There, it's up.  Oil.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

matt35mm

Quote from: ptanderson.comHave you been wondering what PTA has been up to since 2002's Punch-Drunk Love? Paul never ceases to surprise us & it seems his next film will most likely be......."Oil"! "Oil!" is 1927 novel by Upton Sinclair that PTA has adapted. This would be his first film not based on on of his own original screenplays. It's a tale of of scandal, intrigue and politics. Makes sense & ties in nicely to this story reported awhile back. It looks like Daniel Day-Lewis will be the star. I know, that's not too much of a surprise, but that's all the casting I've heard thus far. Lastly, it seems that Paul is still looking for financing, so a studio has yet to be determined . Obviously, a possible release date can't even be speculated at this point. I'm very confident that my information is correct, but it's Hollywood & things can (& do) change on a regular basis. Stay tuned for the latest.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Gold Trumpet

an adaptation of Upton Sinclair's "Oil" from 1927 starring Daniel Day-Lewis? Very nice... Looks like I got a summer read.

Jeremy Blackman

A little background on Oil...

http://www.socalhistory.org/Biographies/upton_sinclair.htm
    Oil! has been described as
one of the great novels of Southern California and Sinclair's most artful and effective work. Published in 1927, it gave fictional life to the frenzy that followed the discovery of oil in Signal Hill, Huntington Beach and Santa Fe Springs in the early 1920s. In a foreword to a 1997 paperback re-issue, Jules Tygiel wrote that Oil! was more than a portrait of '20's life in Southern California. "[It] ultimately spread far beyond the boundaries of Southern California, encompassing World War I, the Russian Revolution, the Teapot Dome and Elk Hills bribery scandals, the fractious battles of the American left, the morality of youth in the roaring twenties, and a broad spectrum of other issues. Yet, Oil! remains at its core what literary critic Lawrence Clark Powell has called, 'a novel of high California octane...the largest scale of all California novels.'[/list:u]
I wonder if this would be a period piece...

brockly

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetLooks like I got a summer read.

yeah me too. and i love the idea of PTA working with Daniel Day-Lewis

MacGuffin

Actor Daniel Day Lewis attends the premiere of his new film 'The Ballad of Jack & Rose' in New York March 23, 2005.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks