There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

SiliasRuby

I won't be able to help it. I'll be picking this book up very soon.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

Quote from: Ultrahipin the day-lewis pic above, who the hell is that dude breathing down his neck? creepy bastard
his twin brother. rodriguez day-lewis.

RegularKarate

Okay, everyone, it's done now... if I see any more of these, you'll have to answer to me

Rudie Obias

i'm excited!!  new PTA film!!  i'm going to my local library right now and i'm gonna pick up a copy of OIL!.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sal

Quote from: flagpolespecial
i don't think i'll read the book. i want a truly cinematic experience.

anyone else feel the same way or am i crazy?

I can understand that frustration, but perhaps in this instance reading the book may be helpful to get a sense of WHERE paul wants to go cinematically.  The differences are more important than the similarities.

modage

well hopefully this will go a little way to improve the situation discussed here: http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=7356
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

Great news, I always had the feeling that some news would be release in some holyday, when I returned from my xmas vacation I sadly saw there were none, but now... :-D .

For your admins only. Not really, for xixaxers only.

1.0 Will this be the official thread for the movie?

If so, I think here in order to not be flooded with threads about this project you should change the title of the thread, and here we can post about casting, rumors, pta articles about the film, posters, movie reviews.

1.1 If this indeed is his next project, apart from the official thread there could be official threads about:

- Soundtrack
- DVD
- Q&A's
- Festivals
- Any others?

I don't know if this idea is too rigid, but a little order would prevent this forum to be flooded with individual threads about every little detail about the project.

Sal

Quote from: flagpolespecial
i've been thinking about the reading the book overnight. now i'm sort of leaning toward reading it. but am not convinced as yet. i don't want to be in the theatre waiting to see how he handles a scene or how he shows a landscape described visually. i'm concerned about that. still weighing it up. i'd like know what people think of the book when they've read it. and i'm not sure this is a very obscure book. by the sounds of things he's a somewhat well known author. but i'm not into literature. i've never heard of him.

I would read it now just to get a sense of what may have inspired Paul to adapt it into a script in the first place.  By the time it's released the memory of the book will be fuzzy anyway--provided you read it this summer.  Which, btw, is an excellent suggestion.  This novel looks long.

Finn

Interesting news. If he makes it a period piece, it would be very cool to see how he handles it. I could seriously see him making one actually. Daniel Day-Lewis could be a good fit for PTA as well. Can't wait to hear more news.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ultrahip

If it's a period piece, I can't fucking wait for Brion's score.

Sleuth

Quote from: Small Town LonerInteresting news. If he makes it a period piece, it would be very cool to see how he handles it. I could seriously see him making one actually. Daniel Day-Lewis could be a good fit for PTA as well. Can't wait to hear more news.

Quote from: UltrahipIf it's a period piece, I can't fucking wait for Brion's score.

PAGE 3 SPOILER

it's a period piece
I like to hug dogs

Ultrahip

Pubrick

uh it's no secret that it's about sumthing that happened in the 20s, so why is there speculation on whether it's a period piece? it's pretty damn obvious, i mean, are u ppl reading anything other than ur own posts? please don't waste space on things that could be answered by reading the thread.

Quote from: FernandoGreat news, I always had the feeling that some news would be release in some holyday, when I returned from my xmas vacation I sadly saw there were none, but now... :-D .

For your admins only. Not really, for xixaxers only.

1.0 Will this be the official thread for the movie?

If so, I think here in order to not be flooded with threads about this project you should change the title of the thread, and here we can post about casting, rumors, pta articles about the film, posters, movie reviews.

1.1 If this indeed is his next project, apart from the official thread there could be official threads about:

- Soundtrack
- DVD
- Q&A's
- Festivals
- Any others?

I don't know if this idea is too rigid, but a little order would prevent this forum to be flooded with individual threads about every little detail about the project.
yep that's a good idea. we can create those threads when/if more info comes along. years from now.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: SalThis novel looks long.
I got it today. It's 527 pages, small print too.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection