There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Pozer

sickfins

Quote from: MyxomatosisAny of you Xixers "in the know" know where PTA is at with this film? Did he get it funded?

there isn't going to be anything massive announced on this project for a while...
there are things to be dealt with and it is moving slowly

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Derek

This month's issue of FAMOUS (an entertainment magazine distributed in Canadian theaters) has an interview with Vancouver actor David Richmond-Peck, who has a small part as an art gallery patron in Fantastic Four. In the article, he mentions he has already auditioned for PT Anderson's next movie, which he says is based on a book written in the 20's. He must be referring to OIL! He scavenged bookstores in Vancouver after reading for the part, and found a copy at an old used bookstore. Not much information beyond that, but the wheels are turning....

Sorry, didn't keep a copy of the magazine.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Ultrahip

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

polkablues

Quote from: Bethieyou can say that again, ultrahip lobster supper.

SNAP!

Anyway, everyone knows that people with three names are assassins.  Lee Harvey Oswald, James Earl Ray, John Wilkes Booth, and so forth.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Alethia

Ultrahip

JG

i have a feeling this movie won't get made.   at least not for another 5 years.

It does sound good though.

polkablues

Quote from: Derek...interview with Vancouver actor David Richmond Peck... In the article, he mentions he has already auditioned for PT Anderson's next movie.

If they've been holding auditions, that's a good sign.  Unless they're tremendously naively optimistic and enjoy keeping actors in limbo for years at a time while they find investors. Which is possible.
My house, my rules, my coffee

JG

Quote from: Weak2ndActDude, I'm not gonna blurt that out on the 'net and bite the hand that feeds me.

do you generally get scripts early?  i'm not asking your source i just find it interesting that you, and only you (that we know of), have the script.  I do believe you, though.  But I have a feeling it was an early draft and and uneasiness that you have about the script will be erased once we see the movie.

I really hope this gets made.  I don't want PTA to wait years between new movies.

And for some reason, I think this movie is really gonna be Altman-esque, even more so than his other movies.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Bethieyou can say that again, ultrahip lobster supper.
I bet that is just fun to say, ain't it?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pozer

Are you guys down to only post here when there's new info?  I hate checking in when there's no actual updates...  of course I'm pretty much doing that right now, aren't I?

ono

An idea: someone could update the title of the thread with a headline a la Criterion thread if there's any new news.