Best Supporting Male Performance
Best Cinematography
Best Original Music
Best Editing
Best Sound
Best Debut Film
Best Documentary
Best DVD

Our friend Moment of Zen has been kind enough to provide a poetic introduction to the 2003 Xixax Awards:

My scruples, which I freeze and burn
which taste of molten taciturn
which oft allow more than I earn
which make me teach before I learn

They cut me like a lewd assault
like nature's law of cruel default
or fascist naked barrel vault
through which I feel my lucid fault

My tonic, which I mix and stir
my existential catheter
my kin who changed from what they were
my itch to scratch, to self-assure
to long deny what must occur:
the death of that which I prefer

To separate the small elite
from massive crowds who know defeat
is like to gnaw on rotten meat
to taste the salt and call it sweet

The fungus birthed upon my toe
has flourished, with nowhere to go
So shall it see the wide expanse?
Shall hills of earth embrace its dance?
Shall groups of lichens shun its face?
Will all its efforts thus erase?
I mourn the loss of viral greens
and watch as all the cult convenes
to seal the fate of peaceful doves
of which it hates, of which it loves

special thanks to Mr. Xixax himself for the shiny new trophies

SHAFTR

I guess I'm a little disappointed that 8 awards went to PDL, and pretty much the rest of them, 3, went to Adaptation.

Even though it wouldn't make sense, I'm surprised that either didn't win Best Debut Film, Documentary or DVD.

Not much variety.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Xixax

Well, we do have to consider the source of most of the user traffic that makes its way through here.

The plan is to diversify through other boards in the future. At least that's my hope.

This is just the first year. Next year will probably be much different since 1: we'll have more users, and 2: There won't be a PTA film to walk away with things.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

©brad

Great job with the awards and stuff. Like the trophies.

PDL winning a lot was expected. It's a nice thing I think, esp. b/c PDL got canned this year at the oscars. However, best editing for Leslie Jones over LoTR, Gangs, and Minority Report? I think some people may need a lesson to exactly what editing is...

MacGuffin

PDL is the Norah Jones of the Xixax Awards.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

I did enjoy PDL, but this board is very bias with PTA.

I'm a tad disappointed that Daniel Day Lewis, Badly Drawn Boy and Conrad Hall didn't get their awards.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Xixax

I really like this format for the awards, too. We can do discussions of each award within its own thread.

...And right now, I'm moving over to the "Best Sound" thread. So what if SW:AOTC sucked as a whole? PDL beat it? I hardly think so.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

©brad

Quote from: SHAFTRI did enjoy PDL, but this board is very bias with PTA.

I'm a tad disappointed that Daniel Day Lewis, Badly Drawn Boy and Conrad Hall didn't get their awards.

I'm sure they'll get over it.

Well, now that it's all over and done with, where's the after-party?

phil marlowe

I think i regret the xixax awards for not having a "best nude scene" award. But on the other hand, thats just me wanting to give Kathy Bates credit.

Duck Sauce

I feel so organized now that we have awards. Awesome new artwork up there for the even, and ebeaman is going to have a hay day replying to each and every award thread.

oakmanc234

There seems to be an overall negative view to 'PDL's cleanup of awards, even though a great deal of the votes were on its side.
Personally, I'm very happy.
It's great to know that many people like this film as much as I do.
Anyway, 'PDL' was the one of this years films that was truly deserving of a few Oscar noms and got NONE, so I'm glad its basking in glory on this site.

If if only it meant anything....
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Xixax

Quote from: Duck Sauceebeaman is going to have a hay day replying to each and every award thread.
Man... Back up off him, foo.
[/size]

sphinx

sadly i just didn't have time to make drawings for more categories...been busy animating and a whole lot of other stuff :yabbse-sad:

sorry bout that, blackman

Raikus

You see, now this is what the Xixax Awards needed to be!

http://www.demographix.com/surveys/S9QC-V4CB/N4S2235W/  :)

Oh, and my favorite is Salma Hayek being a nominee for Frida under the "Best Facial Hair of the Year" category.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Xixax
Quote from: Duck Sauceebeaman is going to have a hay day replying to each and every award thread.
Man... Back up off him, foo.

Yeah really... he probably deserves an award for what he's gone through on this board...

Quote from: sphinxsorry bout that, blackman

Nah, I'm sure there's not something profound to say about every category anyways. I think I can forgive you if your next short is as good as I think it's going to be.