Meryl Streep (Adaptation)
Renée Zellweger (Chicago)

polkablues

Recount!  RECOOOUUUNNNNT!!!!!
My house, my rules, my coffee

av8raaron

Fresh buttered toast.

tpfkabi

i hope Diane Lane wins the real deal. i've only seen Unfaithful and Adaptation so i didn't feel like i could vote........but i can give my opinion
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Film Student

Quote from: polkabluesRecount!  RECOOOUUUNNNNT!!!!!

Agreed... I've seen every film in this category, and personally, I was rooting for Lane.  Her performance in Unfaithful is nothing short of earth-shattering (IMHO).
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

©brad

This was one of the toughest categories to vote on- 5 really great performances. Come on though, Streep was badass.

polkablues

Nothing against Streep.  Streep was great.  Streep is always great.  Diane Lane was amazing.
My house, my rules, my coffee

aclockworkjj

Boo, is right!  Diane Lane had my vote and she is the only one, with the oscars too, that I think it should be hands down.  Who knows, maybe I was watching a different  movie or something.  
Otherwise (speaking of Oscars) here I see no sense in nominating a person, which is the only nomination Unfaithful did and should've recieved, if you aren't going to give the award.  Same shit happened to Ellen Barkin with Requiem....

life_boy

We shoulda put Streep in the Supporting catergory and then, problem solved.

bonanzataz

Quote from: aclockworkjjSame shit happened to Ellen Barkin with Requiem....

Burstyn, buddy. Ellen Barkin is the chick from Switch.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

aclockworkjj

bonanzataz

So I'm watching Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas for the first time last night, and who should show up but Ellen Barkin? I was reminded of you, clockwork.

From the looks of it, I have to go see Unfaithful. Added to my rapidly growing netflix queue.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

aclockworkjj

Glad my "not enough coffee posts" can add some humor to your life.....and yes see Unfaithful....besides Diane's cute, well......everything, she does an amazing job.  I am glad to see her in something a little more serious than Judge Dread....lol....although she was Cherry Valance too....

Tommy Both

Quote from: aclockworkjjshe does an amazing job.  

you mean the blowjob?  

'cause I heard it was about cheating and stuff... so I thought you'd like her style of that or whatever you know.... :wink:

(I don't know what you're talkin about, I havent seen the flick yet. Why? WTF do you think: same reason I won't check out CHICAGO. By just mentioning his initals RG you must all know who I'm talkin 'bout; I aint going to ask more pain from my fingers to type his full name...)

©brad

dude, richard gere gives two of the best performances of his career in both Unfaithful and Chicago. So you might dig it. stop being a stubborn film snob and go see the fucking movies. your missin out.