Best Original Music

Started by Jeremy Blackman, March 05, 2003, 11:06:52 AM

Jeremy Blackman

Best Original Music: PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE  (Jon Brion)

THE NOMINEES

About a Boy (Badly Drawn Boy)
Catch Me If You Can (John Williams)
Far From Heaven (Elmer Bernstein)
Punch-Drunk Love (Jon Brion)
Road to Perdition (Thomas Newman)

SHAFTR

Badly Drawn Boy's score for About a Boy is what propels the film from being mediocre to being very good.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Satcho9

Finally some recognition!

Raikus

Yeah, of all the ones I thought PDL wouldn't sweep, this was the main one. I don't think there's any good argument for About a Boy loosing out. But, again, la de da.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

polkablues

This is one of the handful of PDL nominations I voted for.  Sure, Badly Drawn Boy's music does wonders for "About a Boy", but Jon Brion's score is visionary.  It's brilliant, it's unlike anything we've ever heard in a movie, and it elevates everything around it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

SHAFTR

Badly Drawn Boy's score is visionary. It's brilliant, it's unlike anything we've ever heard in a movie, and it elevates everything around it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

polkablues

Quote from: SHAFTRBadly Drawn Boy's score is visionary. It's brilliant, it's unlike anything we've ever heard in a movie, and it elevates everything around it.

Touche.  Of course, I feel the same way about the score for "CQ", but I think I was the only one who nominated it in this category.
My house, my rules, my coffee

bonanzataz

Shit, I love the CQ sdtrck. I forgot to nominate that one. PDL does it for me though. I LOVE this score.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

abbey road

i like thomas newman's for RTP the best, but PDL ruled, so who cares.
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"