Best Editing

Started by Jeremy Blackman, March 05, 2003, 11:06:30 AM

Jeremy Blackman

Best Editing: PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE  (Leslie Jones)

THE NOMINEES

Gangs of New York (Thelma Schoonmaker)
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (D. Michael Horton & Jabez Olssen)
Minority Report (Michael Kahn)
Punch-Drunk Love (Leslie Jones)
The Rules of Attraction (Sharon Rutter)

picolas

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

uhh...i think that's only one cut... :yabbse-wink:

Film Student

Best Editing?!!!  Goddamn... fanboys blind to reality.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

RegularKarate

Quote from: Film StudentBest Editing?!!!  Goddamn... fanboys blind to reality.

I'm with you on this one.

Gold Trumpet

Minority Report should have gotten it. PDL is of excellence, but excellence in minor categories relating mainly to sound and music. I thought much of the movie was the simple editing in a Tati film that holds the camera at certain points in order to give room for the actors to work.

I wonder what the outcome may have been with PDL off the choice of nominees. The winner list reeks of boredom and fanboy smut.

~rougerum

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Film StudentGoddamn...

anger?

polkablues

Don't blame me, I nominated "Changing Lanes".

All I know is, if "Gangs of New York" had won best editing, I would have spray-painted the walls with my brains.  Rarely have a seen a major studio film as ineptly cut as "Gangs".
My house, my rules, my coffee

aclockworkjj

Minority Report...had my vote....

I can't believe PDL would even be nominated for this....although those real tricky disolves into JB's artwork must have taken them all of 15 min. to do.....fanboys is a good term here....I loved PDL, but made sure to give credit where it was due...

Edit- I can't spell.

Gold Trumpet

polka's right. changing lanes should have been up there at least.

~rougerum

bonanzataz

I voted LOTR. Don't blame me.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls