Favorite Coen Bros. Movie?

Started by Satcho9, January 09, 2003, 03:50:07 PM

bob

that's the same type of bunny they use on the teletubbies.  did you know the teletubbies are like 9 feet tall?

o brother is the best coen.  hands down

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinLeast fave (although still good): "O Brother..."

Yeah, I never really liked that movie actually. Fargo is great, but my favorite might have to be The Man Who Wasn't There. I just love that movie so much.

sphinx

mogwai, i think i speak on behalf of world when i say 'thank you for changing your avatar'.   :wink:

(this aggression will not stand)

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: PawbloeSorry to break the train of thought around here, but I've been thinking the same damn thing.  It's not just some petstore rabbit that has been overfed, it's an actual giant.  Look at its head!

I agwee. That is one big wabbit.  :splat:

Nice to have you back Pawbloe.*

*I'm still a communist, and there's nothing you can do about it! Hahahahahaha!

Sigur Rós

I love all of the movies! But The Big Lebowski is possibly the worlds funniest "thing shown on a screen"!!!

budgie

For drama and ideas, The Man Who Wasn't There. For comedy, The Big Lebowski, which if I ever see showing in a cinema I will run to. Both are so visually breathtaking, every frame of The Man, and the shots of BBT's face, knock me out. Similarly the fantasy bowling scene in Lebowski.

I love O Brother. What's wrong with it?

Least favourite (of the ones I've seen) is Miller's Crossing. Blah.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: budgie

Least favourite (of the ones I've seen) is Miller's Crossing. Blah.

I second the Blah

sphinx

anybody seen raising arizona?  i haven't found it in a video store ever, but i have heard rumors of a super-duper SE.  fargo rumors were smelled miles away from the mill about a year ago, apparently the cover art was going be that hysterically funny teaser poster than has the knitted landscape with blood on it.  this SE has since been put on the backburner and i don't think we'll see it for a while

Redlum

The Fargo SE is out Region 2 on march 31st from MGM.

*Special Features To Be Confirmed...
New Documentary: 'Minnesota Nice' - an insight into the peculiarities of the region
Interview with the Coen brothers
Audio Commentary 1 with Producers Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner
Audio Commentary 2 with Director of Photography Roger Deakins
The Coen brothers repertory company - interactive guide focusing on regular collaborators Turturro, Goodman, and McDormand
Photo Galleries with rare pictures from the set
Trivia Tracks
American Cinematographer article with detailed behind the scenes insights
Trailers & TV Spots
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

sphinx

grumbumbumble.....two commentary tracks, neither of them from the brothers themselves, even when they opted to do one for tmwwt and had a great time doing it.  oh well, an SE is better than nothing.  I suppose it'll work it's way to region 1 sometime soon after...

Satcho9

On IMDB.com there is a documentary called Minnesotta Nice (sic) and it stars the Coen Bros. and the whole cast of Fargo. I was wondering if this was going to be put on a DVD or what. It just seems like it would be an interesting watch.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Satcho9On IMDB.com there is a documentary called Minnesotta Nice (sic) and it stars the Coen Bros. and the whole cast of Fargo. I was wondering if this was going to be put on a DVD or what. It just seems like it would be an interesting watch.

Go back up to redlum's post and this time read it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Satcho9

Oh, sorry, no need for a redirect.

Tommy Both

Raising Arizona: Rented it at me library and it BLEW me away. Didn't know it was THAT good. This film definetely entered my Coens top 3 last night. Only big lebowski and fargo toppin' it, of course Barton Fink and Blood simple were great too, I guess they round out my top 5.

pappys defender

i am w. lee o'daniels great grandson. i have just seen o' brother. i am mad. the misrepresentation by the coen "visionary" makes me want to turn into a litigous toad. my name is sean devereaux wrather. i needed to vent, and if i ever see a coen i'm going to make what goodman did to those three look tame.................i will be in l.a for three weeks starting feb. 14 so it might be a good idea to take a vacation otherwise he and i will talk. maybe i'll just make up stuff about those creeps relatives that can't defend themselves