Just a complaint re:scheduling

Started by metroshane, April 06, 2004, 10:54:37 AM

metroshane

Damn scheduling.  I'm doing a feature with a crew of 6 and cast of about 55 total.  So now we are into nuts and bolts of scheduling....we ask everyone to give us all of their conflicts during a three week period...and we get only one.  Everyone that works normal jobs say they can get off if necessarily.  So we bust our ass to do a schedule and now everyone is coming back saying "I can work this day..but not that day" etc.  To top it off I'm losing one of my main cast (and best friend) b/c he can no longer get out of work!!!!!!

Work with me people.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

SoNowThen

Rewrite the movie so there's only 10 characters.

Hmm, or a thought (for real): you could get over schedule problems by breaking scenes down into shot-reverse, and keep actors out of each other's frames, then you can shoot them on different days... sucks, but might be needed.

People will fuck you all the time on schedules, then when they take one afternoon of their own time, they'll act like they're giving you the world. That's why I can't wait to have a budget, just so I can say "sit fucking down, do what I tell you, if it takes 16 hours we're not leaving until we get it right, you're under contract".
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.