Author Topic: documentaries-recomendations/favs.?  (Read 18077 times)

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +963
Re: documentaries-recomendations/favs.?
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2017, 07:54:50 PM »
+2

The mythos of a faceless, digital-age bogeyman known as Slenderman was created on the Internet, but his influence was felt in the real world when two 12-year-old girls lured their friend into the woods for a brutal murder.

The most disturbing documentary I've seen in a long time. Whenever I'd tried to read into this case, I found it hard to understand how an imaginary character could provoke these girls to do such an awful thing. If Slenderman loomed so large in their minds, why has there never been a similar occurrence? The doc explores how a combination of feeling socially outcast, suffering mental illness, and a little too much time reading spooky stories on the internet led them to commit an unthinkable act. The interrogation scenes are especially creepy, to hear the cold and calculated plans for first degree murder spoken in these little girls voices. You really can't help but pity them by the end for operating under such a grand delusion.
You can go to places in the world with pudding. That. Is. Funny.

wilder

• Respect: +1573
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2017, 05:34:30 AM »
B-Movie: Lust & Sound in West Berlin (2015). Available on blu-ray in Germany

Music, art and chaos in the wild West-Berlin of the 1980s. The walled-in city became the creative melting pot for sub- and pop-culture. Before the iron curtain fell, everything and anything seemed possible. B-MOVIE is a fast-paced collage of mostly unreleased film and TV footage from a frenzied but creative decade, starting with punk and ending with the Love Parade, in a city where the days are short and the nights are endless. Where it was not about long-term success, but about living for the moment - the here and now.

Just Withnail

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +439
    • Truls Krane Meby's website
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2017, 05:09:54 AM »
B-Movie is great. A really vivid portrait of 80s Berlin.
My short WORLD WIDE WOVEN BODIES is now online:

Watch it here!

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy