whats this big ass thing for/

Started by prophet, February 25, 2004, 04:42:08 PM

prophet

the white thing? reflector?

two cameras for more coverage to save money on two takes?
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

kotte

The white thingĀ“s a reflector.
Two cameras saves time.

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Ghostboy

Actually, to be exact, the big thing is a 20x silk for diffusion purposes.

prophet

kotte

It's there to reflect the sun...you can't say it isn't. :)

Ghostboy

No, I didn't mean to say that's not what it's doing, I'm just saying it's a silk, not a reflector, and silks are generally used for diffusion.

metroshane

Ghostboy and Kotte are both right.  There is a chance that the filmmakers have a really bright light behind the silk on the right (out of frame)...which would make GB more right.  Otherwise, it's being used as a reflector..making Kotte more right.

2 cameras?  b/c they can.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

MacGuffin

Right. It's reflecting the sun that case, but that's because it is a silk so the reflection won't be as harsh as if you had an actual reflector (like a mirror).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

prophet

yeah a mirror would look to obvious i tryed it once when there was no light around and the picture came out really bright.

Ravi

When the 2 cameras are close to each other like that, is one of them a wide shot and one of them a close-up?

SHAFTR

I know that Kurosawa used 2 cameras when he shot scenes.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

prophet

i saw something like that a few days ago in that yeah yeah yeahs video they put a light one it and mmakes the light soft good idea!

mutinyco

YOU'RE ALL WRONG. IT'S A BOARD FOR JESUS TO REFLECT HIS LIGHT ON MEL.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

prophet

holey shit, your right. how didnt i see that? thanks