hidden treasures

Started by (kelvin), December 10, 2003, 04:48:08 PM

(kelvin)

Propose a film (or a few) which you think everyone has to see, a film that simply has to be seen during everyone's lifetime. Preferably a movie that is not that popular and/or known.

My proposition: Affliction

Alethia

cleo from five to seven
band of outsiders
the truth about charlie (to see how to NOT do a remake)
phantom of the paradise

bonanzataz

i don't think it's something everybody HAS to see, but it's still really good and i just watched it:

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Gamblour.

I know we've heard of it, but no one else has.
WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

SHAFTR

A Better Place
Rocco and his Brothers
Grand Illusion
In the Mood for Love

Quote from: ewardcleo from five to seven

I actually saw it this week!  My prof spent the summer in France going through Varda's archives.  From what I hear, she's a control freak and a very difficult woman to work for (I guess her employees hate her).  She is still a genius.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Duck Sauce

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.....the wizard
No fucking joke. This is seriously one of my favorite movies. It brings so much back from my childhood as a videogame playing, neon clothes wearing kid from California.

Any DVD release news? Macguffin? Shouldnt you be on top of this one?

Xixax

Quote from: taz.i don't think it's something everybody HAS to see, but it's still really good and i just watched it:

I caught the opening sequence of this on IFC recently, and it captivated me. I immediately added it to my netflix queue. Can't wait to see the whole thing.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.....
i remember really really really wanting to rent this as a kid because i thought the entire movie took place inside Super Mario World.

Duck Sauce

its even better than that picolas, honestly pick it up. its only like 80 minutes

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Duck Sauceits even better than that picolas, honestly pick it up. its only like 80 minutes

also, in  a wierd way its one of the better road/self-discovery films out there

molly

muriel is getting married - you have to see it, awesome

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffin

I love this movie! I watched it the day I went to my first bar, my god did it get me in the mood (for some reason, I had been nervous about the possibility of being drunk in public). Campbell Scott rocks.
WWPTAD?