Jack isn't there

Started by Recce, February 06, 2003, 04:44:03 PM

Cecil

Quote from: RecceThis old woman, sweat against all odds, was going to be raped and murdered a few days later.

im sure thatll be a... killer scene.

Recce

Well, I'm not gonna actually shoot that. Its just a character biography. It's what HAS happened. The script will pick up where it left off. But this is basically what motivates the main character.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Cecil

Sigur Rós

No, sorry i like the idea. Just think that it will be hard telling this story satisfactory in 15 minutes. But work on it! Sounds interesting and intriguing.......... :-D

Recce

I kept working on this idea and I changed the ending so its not so empty. Based on someones idea from this message board, I changed it so that Jane saves him, and that's why she's different. The idea is he leaves her in her apartment to kill herself and goes home to get some work done. However, he has a sort of crisis of conscience. His tape recorder begins to accuse him of being evil and stuff like that. Eventually, he trashes it then realizes how crazy the whole thing was. Out of desperation to maintain his sanity, he decides to take his medication, which he had refused to take before (I added that to). Afterwards, he looks up Jane's number and calls her. The End, i think.
The idea is to sort of leave the possibilities open, but introduce hope that things will get better. Any thoughts on this? Its not really a happy ending, so I don't think its terribly cheezy.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")