Is Francis Ford Coppola dead?

Started by Duck Sauce, February 06, 2003, 12:43:58 AM

hmm. his fingers are bigger than that glass of wine.
context, context, context.

cowboykurtis

does anyone have a copy of hearts of darkness: a filmmakers apocolypse?
saw a vhs years ago been trying to find a copy ever since.
...your excuses are your own...

kotte

Quote from: cowboykurtisdoes anyone have a copy of hearts of darkness: a filmmakers apocolypse?

I do. Though only on the computer. PM me...

cowboykurtis

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: cowboykurtisdoes anyone have a copy of hearts of darkness: a filmmakers apocolypse?

I do. Though only on the computer. PM me...

for some reason my toolbar funtion doesn't work on this webpage - i can't search, or PM. If you wound't mind could u try Pm me?

thanks kotte
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

Coppola Angry Over 'Godfather' Video Game

Francis Ford Coppola is up in arms over Paramount's decision to produce (with videogame makers Electronic Arts) a videogame based on his The Godfather movies. In a taped interview due to air on AMC's Sunday Morning ShootOut this Sunday, Coppola said that the studio had never mentioned its plans to release a Godfather videogame. "I knew nothing about it. They never asked me if I thought it was a good idea," Coppola said. Calling Coppola's movie, "one of history's most revered masterpieces," Electronic Arts says on it website that the game, due to be released in the fall, "serves as inspiration for the game as gamers will join the Corleone family and earn respect through loyalty and fear." Coppola says that he was able to get a preview of the game. "They use the characters everyone knows ... and then for the next hour they shoot and kill each other. I had absolutely nothing to do with the game and I disapprove."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Coppola's Megalopolis Update
Epic sci-fi flick status.

Director Francis Ford Coppola has confirmed that his long-in-development epic sci-fi project Megalopolis is on ice. According to Estrenos de Cine (and picked up by Dark Horizons), Coppola advised the press at the Italian Busto Arsizio Festival this week that he won't be making the picture any time soon.

"It's a very ambitious project, perhaps too much," he says. The legendary filmmaker behind such films as The Godfather and Apocalypse Now says he's focusing on a much different project right now: opening an inn in Southern Italy.

The project, which has been in development for years, was once described by Coppola as "the story of one man's battle to build an ideal world ... Megalopolis will be set in contemporary New York and will follow its hero's fight to realize his dream to build a city of the future."

Various big-name actors have been associated with the project over the years and hours of second unit footage are rumored to exist.  We'll let you know if anything more develops.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

Alethia

Quote from: MacGuffinhe's focusing on a much different project right now: opening an inn in Southern Italy.

MOTHER FUCKER

Ravi

How do you go from this:

Quote"the story of one man's battle to build an ideal world ... Megalopolis will be set in contemporary New York and will follow its hero's fight to realize his dream to build a city of the future."

to this:

Quoteopening an inn in Southern Italy.

:?:

Pubrick

he figured he might as well live out the film first.
under the paving stones.

modage

i hope its the best inn since the godfather.  it SHOULD be.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

lamas

at least his sauce is still delicioso!

MacGuffin

Universal's Rumble Fish: Special Edition (9/13 - SRP $19.98 ) will include anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, commentary with director Francis Ford Coppola, deleted scenes, featurettes and more.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ronen

I saw Copolla get a Lifetime Achievment thing at Lincoln Center, and his speech was basically, 'you'll spend a lot of money to throw me this ceremony, but I'm going door to door trying to get money for my epic, Megalopolis, and no one's giving.'

Nice enough guy afterwards, tho.
-R
cinemalog.net