David Bowie

Started by bonanzataz, September 10, 2003, 08:40:14 PM

bonanzataz

the man is a god. Hunky Dorey is the best album ever made. he produced lou reed's transformer and his music is unlike anything anybody has ever made. he cannot be imitated. can you say anything bad about the guy? his eighties stuff is great too! i haven't heard any of the new stuff really, but i'm sure it's listenable.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

A musical innovator.

Quote from: bonanzatazi haven't heard any of the new stuff really, but i'm sure it's listenable.

It is, especially "Outside" and "Heathen". "Earthling" isn't too bad either.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

a hero of mine who i have went into great detail about on many posts i might post more later or i just might fuck my girlfriend smoke a joint watch Tivo

Sleuth

I thought there was already a thread for him

I love Bowie

I was at my friend's house this weekend watching his digital cable and saw part of the Ziggy Stardust concert that was filmed

you know what I mean
I like to hug dogs

Quote from: tremoloslothI thought there was already a thread for him

I love Bowie

I was at my friend's house this weekend watching his digital cable and saw part of the Ziggy Stardust concert that was filmed

you know what I mean

he is a trend hopping phoney but the mother fucker has talent and or is reallly smart, he surrounds himself with the best people when he wants to change his style

i love him i love his old stuff and his new stuff and his weird shit

but i will admit he would take pictures with iggy and lou reed and produce albums for them to further his rep

and then flirt with nazi'isums to give him a dangeriouce edge ( but unlike hitlers bitch who just died he never helped kill anyone or film children about be gassed)

he said he like cock when it was trendy and then in the 80's when it wasnt trendy he said it was all really a sham that he and angie his wife cooked up

and what can one say about the 80's , his package in labriyth ..........ohhh lord

then the drum and bass era which was a joke really but under that trendy pruduction lie great songs " dead man walking"

i liked hours , because i love young americans

every one list their fav album mine is hunky dory and young americans but i can still get wit low " always crashing in the same car" scarey shit

Cecil

fav album.... hard to say. ill say "scary monsters"

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedfav album.... hard to say. ill say "scary monsters"

what a album

" They got a message from the Action Man
"I'm happy, hope you're happy too !! "

Ghostboy

David Bowie was my hero when I was in first grade, because I loved Labyrinth and thought it was so cool that he and I shared the same name. I didn't get into his music (other than the Labyrinth record) until I was older. He rocks my world.

Quote from: GhostboyDavid Bowie was my hero when I was in first grade, because I loved Labyrinth and thought it was so cool that he and I shared the same name. I didn't get into his music (other than the Labyrinth record) until I was older. He rocks my world.

he scared me in that film as a kid kinda

Sigur Rós

Quote from: bonanzatazcan you say anything bad about the guy?

Well, he had sex with Mick Jagger I guess that's kind of 'bad'. Besides that I'am the worlds biggest fan!

bonanzataz

Quote from: Sigur
Quote from: bonanzatazcan you say anything bad about the guy?

Well, he had sex with Mick Jagger I guess that's kind of 'bad'. Besides that I'am the worlds biggest fan!

personally, i think that's rather awesome.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

When, as a man, you are faced with the inevitable question of 'what guy would you sleep with if you had to sleep with a guy,' David Bowie is always a good answer.

moonshiner

haha no, because he would actually go along with it  :shock:
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

NEON MERCURY

pure genius..here are my top 5 albums

1.0  aladin sane
2.0  outside
3.0  station to station
4.0  z.s.a.t.s.f.m.
5.0  low

it's damn near impossible to pick out his best stuff MacG has some good choices for his newer stuff hours is badass also.......

taz-get his new stuff and also he has a new cd coming out on sept 16 called reality pick it up.....

MacGuffin

David Bowie Says He's Experimenting Again

TOKYO - David Bowie, pushing 60, says he's headed for another experimental phase. Speaking in Tokyo to start this week's Japan leg of his world tour, Bowie said he's stripping down his act to try out some new approaches.

"I'm heading for another period of experimentation," he said. "(I'm at) a time when I'm collecting myself before I break all my own rules."

The iconic artist has gone through various personas during his more than three-decade career - Ziggy Stardust, the Thin White Duke, Philadelphia soul man, avant-garde rocker.

Now, he said, he wants to focus on his songwriting and singing.

"It's probably the simplest tour that I've ever done," he said, dressed in gray cargo pants and a hooded sweat shirt. "This is very stripped down. It's really not working with theatrics at all."

The tour is Bowie's first world tour since 1995. He released his latest album, Reality, last September.

The 57-year-old said it's harder to get his music heard these days, especially on radio stations, because of his age. But he added that he enjoys seeing life get simpler as he ages.

"I was quite scared of getting old in my 40s," he said. "But as I approach 60 ... you learn to embrace getting older."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks