A 'short on DVD' problem

Started by kotte, August 24, 2003, 08:15:38 AM

kotte

hey...

so I have a short I did in NYC 4 months ago on DVD.

What is the easiest way for me to get it on to the computer and down to a size I could use on the net?

It's about 6 min long.

Ghostboy

Someone else could probably answer the question about ripping from the DVD better than I could (you probably do something with the video and audio _TS files), but once you've got it on your computer and in a workable format, you can use Quicktime Pro to resave the file in a new format and size.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ReelHotGames

Go to www.doom9.net to get the programs I will list below:

first to get the VOB files from your DVD to your hard drive you will need a ripper like dvddecrypter or smartripper

Once the VOB files are on yoru hard drive you will use DVD2AVI to change the files from VOB to AVI

Then you need to use your editing software (premiere or final cut or what not) and compression software, I suggest sorenson squeeze, to get it WEB READY

I know premiere has cleaner built in for web compression, so if your using premiere your set.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

aclockworkjj

Quote from: michael alessandroI suggest sorenson squeeze,
we just got this where I work, honestly, I had never heard of it before now, and actually it really kicks ass, makes download times much more resonable for those on dial-up.  I haven't used it, but the people that do have great things to say about it.   :yabbse-thumbup:

ReelHotGames

Quotewe just got this where I work, honestly, I had never heard of it before now, and actually it really kicks ass, makes download times much more resonable for those on dial-up. I haven't used it, but the people that do have great things to say about it.

I use it for my web series and it will take a 4 GIG file down to 2MB in a dial up quality and 10MB in a broadband quality, it is outstanding
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

kotte

kotte

Is there other programs I can use to compress files?

I've tried to use Premier and it's cleaner but it crashes when I start it.
And I can't find Sorenson Squeeze.

PS. I did use Premiere to create an .avi file but it's like 100 MB.

mutinyco

If you were on a Mac it'd be easier. Both Final Cut and DVD Studio Pro have functions to create web ready mpegs in Quicktime.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

kotte

I know...Mac is alot easier when it comes to video and shit like that...

I just worked my problem out...but thanks anyway.