say
that
this
is
awesomer.
you cheat, Newtron.

inaccurate quoting causes a shack to exploding

i believe it to be false

false halls stalling Leonard Shawl, y'all. stew in my quotation juices profusely.

this is going to turn into a horrible travesty.

you mean it isnt allready?

sphinx

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: picolas
Quote from: sphinx
Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: Newtron
Quote from: Jon
Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: Xixax
Quote from: Duck SauceHelp me, help me
Because JCM is brilliant, perhaps?

Or is he...?

Yes, he is.

biggest. quotation. ever.

You have no idea what you just started
I have to say that is awesome.
have
to
say
that
this
is
awesomer.
you cheat, Newtron.

i believe it to be false

false halls stalling Leonard Shawl, y'all. stew in my quotation juices profusely.

the whole thread will collapse in a self-induced quotation accident

bonanzataz

Or is he...?

Yes, he is.

have
to
say
that
this
is
awesomer.
you cheat, Newtron.

i believe it to be false

I hoped this would happen.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Xixax

I think this should become the new "do not click" thread.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

Let me say that I think Newtron formed a perfect 90 degree angle, and everyone else skewed it. So there, go and cramp his style then.

Ghostboy

Not John Cameron Mitchell news, at least directly, but...

I saw the stage version of 'Hedwig And The Angry Inch' this evening. It so amazing. Has anyone else seen it on stage? Or does anyone feel like talking about just how flat out brilliant the piece is, in either of its incarnations?

godardian

Quote from: GhostboyNot John Cameron Mitchell news, at least directly, but...

I saw the stage version of 'Hedwig And The Angry Inch' this evening. It so amazing. Has anyone else seen it on stage? Or does anyone feel like talking about just how flat out brilliant the piece is, in either of its incarnations?

I saw it once during its original NYC run with Ally Sheedy as Hedwig (terrible- she was fired soon thereafter!).

Then I saw the movie and loved it.

Then I saw it again on stage in a Portland revival with a local actor named Wade McCollum. It was brilliant.

Also:

Coming October 21st 2003
..+ Wig in a Box +..
The Songs from Hedwig and the Angry Inch

-Rufus Wainwright (The Origin of Love)
-Sleater-Kinney & Fred Schneider (Angry Inch)
-They Might Be Giants (The Long Grift)
-Frank Black (Sugar Daddy)
-Robyn Hitchcock (City of Women)
-Imperial Teen (Freaks)
-The Breeders (Wicked Little Town-Hedwig Version)
-Bob Mould (Nailed)
-Polyphonic Spree (Wig in a Box)
-John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask (Milford Lake)
-Stephen Colbert (Ladies & Gentlemen)
-Spoon (Tear Me Down)
-Yoko Ono & Yo La Tengo (Hedwig's Lament/Exquisite Corpse)
-Ben Kweller with Ben Folds & Ben Lee (Wicked Little Town-Tommy Gnosis Version)
-Cyndi Lauper & The Minus 5 (Midnight Radio)
-Jonathan Richman (Origin of Love--Reprise)

Emily Hubley (the animator from Hedwig) has designing the cover art featuring a lot of unreleased images from her work on Hedwig.

A CHARITY ALBUM FOR THE HETRICK-MARTIN INSTITUTE, HOME OF THE HARVEY MILK SCHOOL
Come one! Come all! Arguable the most anticipated album of the year is coming your way on October 21st from Off Records. Wig in a Box is an amazing collection of otherworldly collaborations, fantastically inspired tributes and brand new unheard of takes on the Hedwig legend as well. All proceeds from the sale of this album, after costs, will go to The Hetrick Martin Institute, home of the Harvey Milk School.

http://www.offrecords.com
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Ghostboy

I'm almost afraid to get that album (I hate it when I don't like covers), but I probably will anyway.

I just can't believe how well constructed the story is. I thought the movie was impeccable, narratively. But the stage play is so sparse and stripped down, and everything still comes across in full, and it's so emotionally involving. Part of this was certainly due to the cast -- a young actor named Joey Steakley played the part, but it might as well have been John Cameron Mitchell up there, he inhabited the character so pefectly and completely.

I completely lost it when Midnight Radio began. I usually tear up when I watch the movie, but seeing it done so well, and live...phew.

Brazoliange

Or is he...?

Yes, he is.

have
to
say
that
this
is
awesomer.
you cheat, Newtron.

i believe it to be false

I hoped this would happen.

oh.
Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

seriously, you're a fucking douche.
under the paving stones.

wilder

'Trending Down' Nears Pilot Green Light At Showtime With Philip Seymour Hoffman & Kathryn Hahn Starring
July 26, 2013
via Deadline

Showtime is expected to announce during their TCA session on Tuesday that Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman will star in and executive produce Trending Down, a comedy pilot, which is getting a green light after a long development process. Kathryn Hahn is expected to co-star in the pilot, which will be directed by John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig and The Angry Inch). Developed by Ken Kwapis and created by This American Life contributor Shalom Auslander, Trending Down is a blistering attack on our youth-obsessed culture, and a darkly comic examination of what it means to matter. Or matter not. It centers on Thom Payne (Hoffman), a man facing his own obsolescence after his advertising agency is taken over. Hahn will play Thom's wife. Hoffman, Kwapis, Auslander and Hoffman's producing partner Emily Ziff will executive produce. Alexandra Beattie will co-executive produce. Trending Down marks the third pilot pickup at Showtime this year. It is the first comedy pilot, joining dramas The Vatican and The Affair. The network also gave straight-to-series order to Penny Dreadful earlier this year.

wilder

Showtime Hands Series Orders to 'Happyish'
via Variety

Showtime is expected to unveil pickups of two new series, comedy "Happyish" and drama "The Affair," during its Television Critics Assn. press tour sessions on Thursday.

Both projects have 10-episode orders. There's no word yet on scheduling.

"Happyish" stars Philip Seymour Hoffman as a man struggling with modern ills that get in the way of his pursuit of happiness.

The half-hour series was created by Shalom Auslander, a contributor to "This American Life," and developed by director Ken Kwapis and Alexandra Beattie. Hoffman exec produces with Kwapis through the former's Cooper's Town Prods. Hoffman, Kathryn Hahn and Rhys Ifans star.

wilder

I saw JCM's reprisal of Hedwig earlier this week. He'd injured his knee a show or two prior and did the whole thing in a leg brace with a glitterized crutch under one arm. Still blew me away even with those limitations. He was obviously in pain but the man is a serious professional. He's taking a week-long leave of absence from the show, during which Michael C. Hall will takeover the role, but John Cameron Mitchell's run has been extended through April.

wilder

From this interview with The Wall Street Journal on February 2, 2015

What's next for you when you're done?

The next film [I'm directing] is a Neil Gaiman adaptation of a punk-era story with punks versus aliens. Elle Fanning and James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem [are involved] and it's called "How to Talk to Girls at Parties."

Also read he's working on a (movie) sequel to Hedwig somewhere, but can't remember the source.

wilder

Nicole Kidman Reteams With John Cameron Mitchell For 'How To Talk to Girls At Parties' With Elle Fanning
via The Playlist

It has been five years since John Cameron Mitchell's powerful "Rabbit Hole," which marked the breakout performance of Miles Teller, and certified that the man best known for "Hedwig And The Angry Inch" had a lot more to say from behind the camera. And it looks like Nicole Kidman is eager to work with her "Rabbit Hole" director once again.

She has joined Elle Fanning, Ruth Wilson, and Matt Lucas in Mitchell's "How To Talk To Girls At Parties." The adaptation of the short story by Neil Gaiman follows an alien who finds herself visiting the most unlikely of places: the London suburb of Croydon. The movie is described as a "punks and aliens" movie and will also feature a strong musical element as well, with some big names apparently being courted for the soundtrack, to which the cast will contribute as well.