one man's trash is another man's treasure

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 04, 2003, 01:10:34 PM

NEON MERCURY

besides the multi-disks sets of Pearl Harbor and Windtalkers what are bad films that receive quality dvd treatment............sorry if there is already a thread for this ...i checked(a little)  but  nothing showed up ...

phil marlowe

markums2k

The Pearl Harbor set is actually very great.  I own it.  And I'm not ashamed.

How about the Rush Hour movies?

Also, Minority Report... but if you liked the movie, no offense.  The DVD extras are actually really terrible.  All fluff.  No meat.  At all.  Pretty worthless... it's like the most effort and style any body ever put into absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Also, Kangaroo Jack.  Plus, how long do you think till American Idol seasons end up on DVD?  Please shoot me if that happens.

life_boy

I think it's a requirement of any Hollywood action movie that was remotely successful to be released with a second disc of extras.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

Quote from: Pwhat the hell is this about?
too much coffee followed by thread frenzy.

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

©brad

markums2k

Is this what you're talking about, Phil?

phil marlowe

Pubrick

Quote from: P
Quote from: Phil Marlowehere's kofi;
Quote from: phil marlowe
Quote from: P
Quote from: Phil Marlowehere's kofi;
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pwhat the hell is this about?

"One man's trash is another man's treasure"
this is a saying which generally means ....what one person may believe that something is worthless.....could in fact be something  worthy to someone else.

here is an example:lets use MacGufin for this one:  Mac thinks the film die another day is horrible and wothless .i on the other hand find it to be a good film..

so back to the subject of this thread look at it like this:  ones man's thrash(insert wretched film here..i.e. Peal Harbor) is another man's treasure(insert a multi-disk set of the same film on dvd)...you see what is a trashy film for some is in turn a treasure-full film to some (i.e. pimped out dvd treatment)....

RAIKUS HAS THE RIGHT IDEA

or maybe phil is right about the coffee

samsong

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Dances With Wolves: Special Edition (a little iffy on this one... i need to see it again)

i hate kevin costner

ono

Quote from: samsongi hate kevin costner
That's a little extreme.  Aw.

He was at least good in A Perfect World, don'tcha think?

And I know Waterworld gets a lot of flak, but I kinda liked it.

samsong

havent seen A Perfect World but i'll get on it.

Waterworld... i loved it when i first saw it (as a very naive child) but looking back at it again - now a naive high school student - i abhored it.

Of course, there's JFK and Field of Dreams... and sadly I havent seen Bull Durham but i hear only good things about it (truth be told I'm a classics/foreign films enthusiast), but watch The Postman.  That's all I have to say about Costner.  I know it isnt fair to judge one's talent based on one movie but after seeing The Postman I never wanted to see anything with Kevin Costner again.  BUT, i will admit that Open Range looks great, but because Robert Duvall's performance looks amazing and I'm a sucker for westerns... or i've become one as of lately at least.