Who framed Roger Rabbit?

Started by Jack Sparrow, January 26, 2003, 11:34:06 AM

Jack Sparrow

A fully restored and remastered special edition set will be released on the 25th of March.

The supplements are as follows:

Commentary by director Robert Zemeckis and producer Frank Marshall
"Who Made Roger Rabbit" featuette
Set-top game, "Trouble in Toontown"
Deleted scene, "The Pig Head Sequence"
Making-of documentary "Behind the Ears"
Toontown Confidential--pop-up style trivia viewing mode
The Valiant Files--interactive set-top gallery
Split screen comparison
Companion booklet and collictable glossy
Roger Rabbit shorts: "Tummy Trouble," "Rollercoaster Rabbit," and "Trail Mix-Up"

I promise ya, the Roger Rabbit shorts are funny as hell!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007AJGH/qid=1043602019/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-6377860-4888011?v=glance&s=dvd

Duck Sauce

I cant wait, its about time Disney had something to look forward to. Whats the deal with the sequel? Is it dead or are they planning on ruining it?

and dont forget in the list of features...

An opening long ass montage of disney's movies that toot the company's horn while you wait for the actual dvd to begin.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

MacGuffin

Quote from: 82and dont forget in the list of features...

An opening long ass montage of disney's movies that toot the company's horn while you wait for the actual dvd to begin.

That's what the 'Menu' button is for.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: 82and dont forget in the list of features...

That's what the 'Menu' button is for.

usually they  have it disabled.. you need to fast foreward beyond it.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

MacGuffin

Quote from: 82That's what the 'Menu' button is for.

usually they have it disabled.. you need to fast foreward beyond it.[/quote]

Then that's what the 'Next' button is for.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

It may even have been Mac that posted this on the old board, but is it true that they're taking out the "naughty" frames?

sphinx

Quote from: RegularKarateIt may even have been Mac that posted this on the old board, but is it true that they're taking out the "naughty" frames?

that's what the pause button is for

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

werent the naughty frames taken away long ago?

this is what imdb has to say about it: "A shot, allegedly animated by two Disney practical-jokers (who were subsequently fired), of Jessica's vagina during her dance sequence was inserted into the first laserdisc print."

MacGuffin

Several brief, offcolor jokes are allegedly hidden within the film, detectable only by viewing the film frame-by-frame on a high-quality VCR or laserdisc player. Some of these gags -- if they ever indeed existed -- were removed before the movie was released to the home video market. The scenes most often mentioned include the following:

An incident that occurs during the scene in which Jessica Rabbit is riding through Toon Town with Bob Hoskins  in an animated cab. As the taxi runs into a lamp post, Jessica and Hoskins are both thrown from the car; Jessica lands spinning, which causes her red dress to start hiking up her body. For a few frames of Jessica's second spin her underwear supposedly disappears, revealing Jessica's unclothed nether regions.
The frames in question are frames 2170-2172 on side 4 of the laserdisc version; in these frames Jessica's pubic region is colored darker than the surrounding flesh-colored areas. Whether this coloration was intended to suggest nudity or was the result of a paint error is unknown. The intention might have been to paint the darker regions a color representative of underwear, but an error in the color markup chart produced some ambiguous images instead.

A scene at the beginning of the film depicts a diaper-clad Baby Herman stomping off the set and underneath the dress of a woman. Watched frame-by-frame, the scene reveals Baby Herman extending his middle finger just before jumping underneath the skirt and re-emerging with a spot of drool on his upper lip. This scene can indeed be seen on the home video release and was clearly intentional.

In another scene, Bob Hoskins steps into a Toon Town men's room. Graffiti on the wall reads "For a good time, call Allyson Wonderland", with the phrase "The Best Is Yet to Be" appearing underneath it. Allegedly, Disney chairman Michael Eisner's phone number replaces the latter phrase for one frame. Although the "Allyson Wonderland" graffiti is clearly visible on laserdisc, Eisner's phone number is not. If the phone number was in the film originally (as rumor has it was), it was removed before the home versions of the movie were made available.

There was also this done in The Rescuers:

On 8 January 1999, Disney announced a recall of the the home video version of their 1977 animated feature The Rescuers because it contained an "objectionable background image." Approximately 38 minutes into the film, as rodent heroes Bianca and Bernard fly through the city in a sardine box strapped to the back of Orville, proprietor of Albatross Air Charter Service, the photographic image of a topless woman can be seen at the window of a building in the background in two different (non-consecutive) frames: first in the bottom left corner, then at the top center portion of the frame.

Unlike most rumors of risque words images hidden in Disney's animated films, this one is clearly true, and the images in question were undeniably purposely inserted into the movie.

The two "topless woman" frames have reputedly been present in the film ever since its original 1977 theatrical release (a fact apparently confirmed by Disney, whose spokesperson said that the tampering "was done more than 20 years ago"), although Disney claims that they were not included in the 1992 home video version because "it was made from a different print." Disney also claimed that the images were not placed in the film by any of their animators, but were inserted during the post-production process. The company decided to recall 3.4 million copies of the video "to keep our promise to families that we can trust and rely on the Disney brand to provide the finest in family entertainment."

Skeleton FilmWorks

dufresne

anyone buy this yet?  i wanna know it it's worth picking up...
There are shadows in life, baby.

MacGuffin

Quote from: dufresneanyone buy this yet?  i wanna know it it's worth picking up...

Unless you want the edition without extras or no copy at all, I'd say buy this. The commentary alone is worth it.

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

you know what i really want.  i want to see them mess up the aspect ratio of this like they did with the other zemeckis films 'back to the future' and then they can say 'who MISFRAMED roger rabbit?'  ahahahahahahahahaha i kill me

bonanzataz

what's up with that? i bought the bttf dvd's when they first came out, how can i get the good ones?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls