Most Shocking Ending (SPOILERS)

Started by filmcritic, July 01, 2003, 02:30:31 PM

Derek

I thought the ending to Blow was completely unfair toward Jung's daughter. After a couple of hours feeling sympathetic towards a man who clearly made his own choices in life, then adding a postscript about how his daughter has never visited him in prison was a low blow and not up for public scrutiny.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

chainsmoking insomniac

Se7en
Requiem for a Dream
Blair Witch Project
Bob Roberts (a great fucking film, in case you wanna check it out)
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sexterossa

THE GAME
ROSEMARY'S BABY
THE PIANO TEACHER
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

Alethia

oakmanc234

I couldn't stop talking about Hannibal's ending when it first came out. I really liked 'Arlington Road's ending. Real uncoventional, ends the worst way possible for Bridges and family.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Myxo

Quote from: oakmanc234I couldn't stop talking about Hannibal's ending when it first came out. I really liked 'Arlington Road's ending. Real uncoventional, ends the worst way possible for Bridges and family.

Like I said. I think it is the best 'shock' ending. All the other endings were conventional, and surprising to be sure. However, a good many of the other endings didn't "break the mold". Arlington Road breaks a pretty big mold for how a film like that is 'supposed' to end. The commentary I believe has a little bit about how the studio was trying to get the director to change his ending. He wouldn't do it.

As far as regular old 'good endings' go, I'll go with "Shawshank". I can watch that movie a hundred times.

"I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

Get busy living or get busy dying. Damn right. ;)

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: halo_on
Quote from: oakmanc234I couldn't stop talking about Hannibal's ending when it first came out. I really liked 'Arlington Road's ending. Real uncoventional, ends the worst way possible for Bridges and family.

Like I said. I think it is the best 'shock' ending. All the other endings were conventional, and surprising to be sure. However, a good many of the other endings didn't "break the mold". Arlington Road breaks a pretty big mold for how a film like that is 'supposed' to end. The commentary I believe has a little bit about how the studio was trying to get the director to change his ending. He wouldn't do it.

As far as regular old 'good endings' go, I'll go with "Shawshank". I can watch that movie a hundred times.

"I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

Get busy living or get busy dying. Damn right. ;)

Every time I hear Morgan say that line, I get chills.  And I well up for a sec....ahhhhh
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Mesh

In the Company of Men
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover

filmcritic

I'm hoping that this new movie that just came out called "Swimming Pool" will have a surprise ending. It' suppose to be very psychological and apparently the ending is very diabolical, shocking and violent. I guess we'll see.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

phil marlowe

braaazil.

dogville (shocking they used that bowie song in the credits - trier=no taste in music, pays björk to sing.)

Myxo

Quote from: phil marlowebraaazil.

dogville (shocking they used that bowie song in the credits - trier=no taste in music, pays björk to sing.)

Uhh. I'm not sure what you are smokin dude. Bjork is the shiznit yo. She is really amazing in that movie. Great voice.

phil marlowe

i'm not sure what i'm smoking either.

han sagde at det var 80 kroners men jeg begynder at tvivle.

spasseren sælger standard til 70 kroner grammet.

Alexandro

the usual suspects
the others
psycho
unbreakable
the sixth sense
glengarry glen ross
bob roberts

filmcritic

What was shocking or surprising about "Psycho"?
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert