FAVORITE SODERBERGH FLICK?

Started by modage, June 12, 2003, 04:29:13 PM

modage

alright, i realize a lot of people hate these RANK YOUR FAVORITE POLLS, but you dont have to participate if you dont want to.  its just for those who like making lists and ranking favorites and anybody whos bored.  i think its interesting with soderbergh because he debuted strong with SL&V, drifted off into indie oblivion and then came back to make big hollywood features.  so, i imagine people will have a wide range of favorites since his career is so varied.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

xerxes

children with angels

It's all about Schizopolis. So fuckin strange and funny and constantly surprising. And it actually - in its own silly, subversive way - has something to say too...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

Quote from: MacGuffin"Out Of Sight"

What he said.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Pedro

Ghostboy

Right now, The Limey...I'll wait until I've seen Solaris a few more times to decide whether it is its equal or a close second.

polkablues

I like all of them to varying degrees, but to me, "Traffic" is just above and beyond everything else.
My house, my rules, my coffee

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Cecil

sex, lies

the limey and out of sight in close second

Holden Pike

The Limey, and close on its heels Schizopolis.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

Royal Tenenbaum

Out of Sight, with Traffic trailing really close. The Limey and Full Frontal are really great as well. I love all his films, hard to pick a fav.

chainsmoking insomniac

Traffic
Sex, Lies and Videotape
Out of Sight
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

jokerspath

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

NEON MERCURY

No one gets away clean... that is the tagline to his best Film so far IMO