by this time I'm sure that I like it more than Seinfeld
I like to hug dogs

godardian

Quote from: mogwaiMarried with children
Dallas
The Simpsons
Band of Brothers

That's about it.

My grandma watched Dallas religiously during its original run.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

godardian

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: godardianMy grandma watched Dallas religiously during its original run.
What did she think of Falcon Crest and Dynasty?

Never saw those on. It was Dallas and Dukes of Hazzard, as far as I knew. Wasn't there every night.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

godardian

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: godardianDukes of Hazzard
Never seen that one, but I think I saw every episode of "Little House on the Prairie" when I was a kid. Knight Rider, Alf and Saved by the Bell. Cheesy shit. :-D

Little House on the Prairie cracks me the fuck up. Pure camp. I watch it to this day.

Grandma also loved The Golden Girls, natch. I'm still fond of that show.

For "best," though, I'm rubbing my greedy mitts together for that Strangers w/ Candy DVD coming out later this month.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

EL__SCORCHO

I think Larry David is the only person who's ever made a TV series worth watchin. Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm are my favorite tv shows of all time. Well, and maybe Leave it to Beaver for some reason. But Larry David is just great. Perfectly normal guy.

Pas

Anyone likes Family Guy ? I sure do

polkablues

Everybody's picking comedies... what about "Boomtown", "Homicide: Life on the Street", "Once and Again", "West Wing", etc.?  Week after week of better drama than 90% of the movies that get put out.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Raikus

Quote from: polkablues"Once and Again"
Is this the one where John Goodman's brain is put into a genetic super soldier or the drama about the couple? I always get those two mixed up.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

modage

Heat Vision and Jack

An astronaut (played by Jack Black) with a medical secret is on the run from his evil employers with the help of a talking motorcycle called Heat Vision (voiced by Owen Wilson).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

godardian

Quote from: polkabluesEverybody's picking comedies... what about "Boomtown", "Homicide: Life on the Street", "Once and Again", "West Wing", etc.?  Week after week of better drama than 90% of the movies that get put out.

Six Feet Under has great drama AND comedy, and is the very best live-action show currently on the air.

I like The West Wing a lot, also.

RegularKarate

Quote from: themodernage02Heat Vision and Jack

An astronaut (played by Jack Black) with a medical secret is on the run from his evil employers with the help of a talking motorcycle called Heat Vision (voiced by Owen Wilson).

I saw that at a film festival... this does not count, however, because it never aired.  It was just a pilot.

My gawd, it would have been great though.

Funny shit.

modage

i got it online, not the best quality.  but that doesnt mean it WOULDNT have been the best show ever!  rob schrab. ben stiller.  jack black. owen wilson.  the pilot counts!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

chainsmoking insomniac

Holy shit! That sounds great.  Mind giving me the URL???
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Reed Rothchild

You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection