The NO INSERT Posse

Started by NEON MERCURY, May 27, 2003, 05:11:36 PM

SiliasRuby

Gee, we are getting into quite a fight over inserts. Yes DVD's can be frusterating when we don't have them when we are trying to find a specific place so we can watch our favorite "scene" but it's no reason to get into a heated conversation and on the topic of taking back DVD's because they don't have inserts I personally think it is absurd but that is my opinion and everyone is entitled to it (They can do whatever they want with their Money) but saying sarcastic remarks about this gets no one no where.....
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

"Big Fish" apparently is not big enough to include an insert. And "Love Actually" doesn't include one either.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffinAnd "Love Actually" doesn't include one either.

that's because that movie blew. HARD!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

Why is this thread 4 pages long?  Are people really pining for missing inserts?

modage

yes, it makes the dvd look really cheap when it has little clips and nothing there.  and if it looks really cheap they shouldnt charge $20 for it.  or try to put a little effort into the presentation.  its like, just throwing it in our faces that they dont care at all.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

It seems they have traded inserts for unavoidable 'commercials' before the getting to the main menu.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: themodernage02yes, it makes the dvd look really cheap when it has little clips and nothing there.  and if it looks really cheap they shouldnt charge $20 for it.  or try to put a little effort into the presentation.  its like, just throwing it in our faces that they dont care at all.

It seems like a big fuss about just looking cheap.  I appreciate the essays and extensive booklets, but if I'm missing a chapter listing, it doesn't matter.

El Duderino

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: MacGuffinAnd "Love Actually" doesn't include one either.

that's because that movie blew. HARD!

YEAH! i walked out.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

if this hasnt been mentioned, scorsese box set.  those cheap bastards.  you have to be pretty damn evil to have the nerve to put together a BOX SET and be too cheap to include 5 slips of paper.  :evil: