Best Nightmare

Started by Banky, April 30, 2003, 09:43:50 PM

Banky

Im just curious if anyone out there is a Nightmare on Elm Street fan, which film is the best?  I dont want a bunch of ass clowns coming and posting on how they all suck because thats not the question at hand.  

Im a fan of the 4th installment.  Others tried to go to much into the back story and i felt Dream Master was just exactly what it was.  Cool deaths and great Freddy one liners.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

bonanzataz

i found the only ones i liked were the ones where wes craven was involved. 1, 3, and 7. I'm also partial to 6 (the supposed "final nightmare") because it's just so damned hilarious. So, first is (as usually is the case) the best, 2 sucks, 3 rocks, 4 i thought was only OK (though the kiss of death is great), 5 sucks, 6 is hilarious, 7 scared me a lot when i was younger. now it's still good, but kind of stupid.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

oakmanc234

My little lowdown of the series:

1 is genuinely frightening, haven't seen 2, 3 ended up being awesome, 4 was average, 5 was a drag, 6 was stuuuupid and 7 was ludicrous but bloody good (considering its ridiculous premise).

I'm looking forward to 'Freddy Vs Jason'. Especially since its directed by the guy who managed breathe life into the 'Child's Play' series with the ever-so-fun 'Bride of Chucky'.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Alethia

i am partial to the first one (it didn't scare me a bit when i saw it age 8, i laughed then too, but for the right reasons, he's a funny guy), and i really enjoyed new nightmare.  its ridiculous yes, but pretty clever at some points.  the ending blows tho.  but i like craven.  i think the scream movies are kinda underrated given the other shit movies that they inspired.

RegularKarate

I really dug 1 and 3 (written by Frank Durabont even).  2 was pretty stupid 4 was okay, 5, I only saw once in the theater (I was really getting tired of the names being "Dream_______")

Liked 6, especially the 3-D part.  and 7, while I only saw it once, was pretty cool.

I would consider buying half the boxed set on DVD.

cowboykurtis

the first one is a classic. at times it almost reminds me of a revisionist german expressionism film -- great movie.
...your excuses are your own...

Banky

need more respones!!

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Keener

The only one I really liked was Wes Craven's New Nightmare.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

MacGuffin

Quote from: oakmanc234I'm looking forward to 'Freddy Vs Jason'. Especially since its directed by the guy who managed breathe life into the 'Child's Play' series with the ever-so-fun 'Bride of Chucky'.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: oakmanc234I'm looking forward to 'Freddy Vs Jason'. Especially since its directed by the guy who managed breathe life into the 'Child's Play' series with the ever-so-fun 'Bride of Chucky'.

all freddy has to do is, give jason sleeping pills -- he'll fall asleep -- then he'll be in freddy's world -- TKO -- freddy wins -- no challenge.
...your excuses are your own...

oakmanc234

That is one SWEEEET poster.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Sal

Yeah, but the glove should be on his right hand.  If you go to freddyvsjason.com they put up some stills from the movie, and at least they got that right.  Nonetheless, this could be bad.  I'm hoping it won't, since Jason walking through a field of ravers and mutilating like there's no tomorrow sounds really redeeming, but you just don't know about these things!

MacGuffin

Watch the "Pay Per View" teaser trailer for "Freddy vs. Jason" here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks