Author Topic: All things Cult Cinema  (Read 690 times)

wilder

• Respect: +1470
All things Cult Cinema
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
+3
Cult Epics Launches Campaign to Fund Comprehensive Guide to Cult Cinema
via blu-ray.com

U.S. label Cult Epics has launched an Indigogo campaign to finance a comprehensive a deluxe book that will cover the wildest films it has distributed during the years.

Official statement from the label:

For 25 years, Cult Epics has distributed the most sought-after, obscure, provocative and previously unknown films to the home video market. To commemorate this anniversary, we want to produce a deluxe, hardcover art book (in a limited edition of 1000) about those films and their directors – fully illustrated with in-depth reviews, interviews, and essays. We are reaching out to all our fans and film lovers, to help us raise the funds to make this essential book on cult cinema.

This commemorative book covers 150 essential releases 
from filmmakers such as Tinto Brass, Fernando Arrabal, Radley Metzger,
 Walerian Borowcyzk, Jean Genet, Abel Ferrara, Rene Daalder, Olivier Smolders, Jorg Buttgereit, Nico B, Irving Klaw, and pinup legend Bettie Page. Includes in-depth reviews, interviews, and essays on films and directors – fully illustrated in color with rare photos, poster art, and memorabilia. Size is approx. 8.75" x 11.25" x 1", with 256 full color pages (and over 200 Images).

CULT EPICS INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN can be accessed HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While we’re at it, there’s a thread on the blu-ray.com forums that tracks blu-ray releases of titles listed in the book Nightmare USA: The Untold Story of the Exploitation Independents

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1230
Re: All things Cult Cinema
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 09:10:27 PM »

Radley Metzger died today, 88yo.

"I must whisper it to you—not because Im ashamed but because it is so Dear to me that I must keep it close to me by whispering—"

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1230
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:35:01 PM »
frame of reference, trailers for my two favorite cult movies, both from Mondo Macobro

"I must whisper it to you—not because Im ashamed but because it is so Dear to me that I must keep it close to me by whispering—"

wilder

• Respect: +1470
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 05:58:12 PM »
Diabolique Magazine’s Daughters of Darkness Podcast, hosted by Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan, has covered Jean Rollin, Jose Larraz, Elio Petri, Andrzej Zulawski, Giallo Cinema, Lesbian Vampire Films, and more

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy