Kelly Reichardt

Started by wilder, November 29, 2016, 04:36:09 PM

wilder

Kelly Reichardt Adapting Patrick deWitt's Fable 'Undermajordomo Minor'
via The Playlist

The LA Times reveals that the writer/director is currently adapting author Patrick deWitt's novel "Undermajordomo Minor" for the big screen. The story is a castle set parable that follows a young man who gains employment under the mysterious Baron Von Aux. Here's the book synopsis:

Friendless and loveless, young and aimless, Lucien (Lucy) Minor is the resident odd duck in his bucolic hamlet of Bury, a weakling and compulsive liar in a town famous for producing brutish giants. When Lucy finds employment — as Undermajordomo, assisting the Majordomo of a remote, foreboding castle — he soon discovers the place harbors many dark secrets, not least of which is the whereabouts of the castle's master, Baron Von Aux. Along the way, he encounters thieves, madmen, aristocrats, and Klara, a delicate beauty for whose love he must compete. Thus begins a tale of theft, heartbreak, mystery, and cold-blooded murder in which every aspect of humanity is laid bare for our hero to observe. Undermajordomo Minor is an adventure story, a fable without a moral, an ink-black comedy of manners, and a love story — and Lucy must be careful, for love is a violent thing.

Ghostboy

I just read this book. It's nuts and utter absurd and awesome. Can't imagine how she'll handle it and can't wait to see it. The author's other book The Sisters Brothers is also great and I'm jealous Jacques Audiard beat me to it.