Elle

Started by wilder, January 16, 2016, 10:34:41 AM

wilder

The story of a ruthless businesswoman, a successful video game company owner, Michèle (Huppert), who is raped in her home by an unknown assailant and stalks him back. This turns into a harrowing game that may, at any moment, spiral out of control.

Quote from: Paul Verhoeven"I had a strong feeling with this one that I was doing something that I'd never done before, which applied when I made RoboCop," the director said last year. He added that it's "a mystery story. Part of the film consists in Isabelle Huppert's character finding out if the rapist is somebody she knows. But there are other elements in the story, about her mother and father, her son, her lover, her best friend."

Directed by Paul Verhoeven
Starring Isabelle Huppert
Release Date - November 11, 2016

Trailer

wilder

In New York theaters November 11th, Los Angeles on November 16th

wilder

wilder

Alexandro

This film was absolutely insane. And I loved every minute of it. Way to turn a very predictable premise into a dense, complex, funny, ironic character study. There's so much this film accomplishes, and so much covered territory; I wasn't noticing it while watching it, but once it was over, looking back it felt I had seen three or four films at the same time. This is my favourite Huppert performance, even more so than The Piano Teacher. A gem of an acting piece from her.

jenkins

we tend to bind through sheer natural forces, Alexandro. we're same-page about this being the most outrageous psychological movie meltdown since Maps to the Stars. Verhoeven is the same kind of rare bird as Cronenberg and Lynch, for sure, and it only takes fifteen César nominations to demonstrate that Huppert is the Streep of France, except maybe more awesome since she made this movie.